Link: Parents not allowed to watch a video their children were forced to watch

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
conservative, moderate, or liberal, parents should be able to see course materials.

I would like some additional information, though--were these shown in class? Then what class?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
My first grade music teacher showed us Watership Down. It couldn't be more traumatizing than that.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
conservative, moderate, or liberal, parents should be able to see course materials.

I would like some additional information, though--were these shown in class? Then what class?
Sounds like they were shown in some sort of school morning meeting or something IIRC from one article I read.

FWIW, I googled and found 2 of the videos in literally seconds so idk why this is much of an issue for either side. Just give them the link or google it people. I would understand not sharing the video if it was made by students but I don't really understand why you wouldn't just give them the links.

Regardless I would hardly call it disturbing.

Here is an article with a different perspective.

East Penn residents back anti-bullying videos

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Sounds like they were shown in some sort of school morning meeting or something IIRC from one article I read.

FWIW, I googled and found 2 of the videos in literally seconds so idk why this is much of an issue for either side. Just give them the link or google it people. I would understand not sharing the video if it was made by students but I don't really understand why you wouldn't just give them the links.

Regardless I would hardly call it disturbing.

i have a pretty good idea.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

The videos in question included "9 Questions Gay People Have About Straight People," "Show your pride. Share your love," and clips from CBS News segments and marriage equality celebrations. They were played during daily announcements and were selected by students who are part of the school's Gay Straight Alliance club.
You can easily look these mentioned videos up on Youtube as RT_HTTR mentions.

But then again many of these outrage junkies aren't well known for going out of their way to look for what they're outraged about (on either side of the aisle).

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
OK, here's the sitch:

• That area apparently has a high incidence of LGBT suicides, many as a result of school bullying.
  • As a school project, someone went out and found some PSA videos on the subject.
  • Those videos were shown during homeroom one day.

My initial comment stands--there's no reason parents should not be allowed to see the videos. Give them the links, let them complain, and then ask them why they support bullying.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
OK, here's the sitch:

• That area apparently has a high incidence of LGBT suicides, many as a result of school bullying.
  • As a school project, someone went out and found some PSA videos on the subject.
  • Those videos were shown during homeroom one day.

My initial comment stands--there's no reason parents should not be allowed to see the videos. Give them the links, let them complain, and then ask them why they support bullying.
I don't disagree really but it seems that there were some outside forces involved in making this an issue not just parents. But again, idk why you wouldn't just give them the links. Maybe there is a context I am missing?

Regardless people need to start clicking the links when reporters bother to source their articles. Its incredibly easy to take things out of context today and if you read liberal or conservative sites they do it a TON.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

A voice of reason. And a liberal post that wasn't derogatory in some way. Careful, or they will kick you out.

Exactly. Regardless of availability or the material, the fact is parents weren't allowed to view the videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.