Getting Tired Of Hearing The Knocks On Our "Weak" Schedule - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Getting Tired Of Hearing The Knocks On Our "Weak" Schedule

Apparently Tim Brando made some comments that there is favoritism towards Alabama with the committee, and that our schedule is 'pathetic' (if I heard correctly). From what I understand he was bashing schools in the SEC for playing FCS schools, of course turning a blind eye to the ACC and other schools who play lower division teams. If it is a big deal go ahead and pass a rule that we can't play them. Better yet, create yet another 'Saban rule', and pass a rule that P5 conference schools can only play other P5 conference schools.

Go ahead. I dare you.

rtr

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    Apparently Tim Brando made some comments that there is favoritism towards Alabama with the committee, and that our schedule is 'pathetic' (if I heard correctly). From what I understand he was bashing schools in the SEC for playing FCS schools, of course turning a blind eye to the ACC and other schools who play lower division teams. If it is a big deal go ahead and pass a rule that we can't play them. Better yet, create yet another 'Saban rule', and pass a rule that P5 conference schools can only play other P5 conference schools.

Go ahead. I dare you.

rtr
    And upset that Troy actually beat LSU....
    "And if I die in Raleigh - at least I will die free"

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    IMO, it's more about Alabama than CNS. He never got the kind of grief at LSU that he gets at Bama - not even close. IMO, if he were at USC or ND or other bluebloods, while people would have tired of them, the nature and intensity of the grief would be completely different. While many Bama fans imagine things that are not there - all fanbases think that they don't get the credit they deserve or get criticism they don't.
    Social media was just gestating when Saban was at LSU.

And he didn't win five national titles there, either.

He also didn't stay around very long after the first one to get all the grief.

What's behind the whole Alabama thing is the same thing as with Duke in b-ball (or UCLA back in the day) or esp the Yankees in baseball or the NBA Celtics....anyone can pull for a winner (is the basic theory)....

"In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Tuscaloosa underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the REC."

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by selmaborntidefan View Post
    And upset that Troy actually beat LSU....
    Yeah, for Tim it is all about LSU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    Yeah, for Tim it is all about LSU.
    And it can't be more transparent.

LSU homer Brando will get his just reward. He will have to watch another season of an LSU team coached by Coach Orgeron.

Apparently Tim Brando made some comments that there is favoritism towards Alabama with the committee, and that our schedule is 'pathetic' (if I heard correctly).
    He said we are "privileged," though keep in mind this is same clown who complained about the lack of diversity on the committee now that Condi Rice is gone. Ok.....might she favor Alabama....?????

And tbf, he DID rip both Alabama AND Georgia's schedules. But so what?

How does Alabama's in recent years REALLY differ any from LSU's this year?
    LSU plays Miami at a neutral site, three cupcakes (including 1-11 last year Rice), and the SEC mandated schedule.

HOW is this ANY different from Alabama in 2012-2017?

So we play Louisville instead of Miami. Anyone here actually think Miami would beat us? If not, what difference does it make?

ETA:

Also....UGA played Notre Dame on the road last year, and the return match is next year. UGA got Austin Peay instead (my alma mater).

BamaNation First Team Quicksilver's Avatar

It's easy to dismiss the chronic Alabama haters (e.g., Brando, Kanell, Bayless, etc.) as harmless cranks, but more ominous are the possible NCAA rules changes that could be enacted for the purpose of curtailing Alabama's future success. As an example, I wouldn't be surprised if the NCCA floats a proposal to impose targeted scholarship limitations on programs indexed to the frequency of the team's recent playoff appearances, or championship wins. Naturally, such a proposal would be pitched to the public as “healthy" for college football, a leveling mechanism similar to success-adjusted NFL draft privileges.

BamaNation All-SEC

What's behind the whole Alabama thing is the same thing as with Duke in b-ball (or UCLA back in the day) or esp the Yankees in baseball or the NBA Celtics....anyone can pull for a winner (is the basic theory)....
    I do understand that part. I tell you what. I lived in Shreveport from 2002-2015. For the first several years, you couldn't find a Saints fan anywhere around. Or they never displayed their fandom. Then Payton/Brees took them to their Super Bowl win, and you couldn't spit without hitting a Saints fan. I get it. People like to pull for winners and don't want to think about it when their team is doing poorly. But I have been a Bama fan through a LOT of dark years. Ray Perkins, Bill Curry, Mike Dubose, Fran, the Price fiasco, Shula. It is hard to be a fan when your team goes 3-9 or something along that line. To be fair, we have some ok years mixed in here and there with most of those guys. No National Championships, but those things are tough to come by for all kinds of reasons. But through all the bad years, with all the grief I took from fans of other teams, I stuck with my boys, even when it was hard to do so. That said, you do see a lot more Bama fans running around now than you did when Shula was running the show. Why? Because some jumped on board when they saw we were winning, and others who hid their fandom decided it was time to "come out of the closet," so to speak. I wore my Bama gear all along, but did learn to be humble and just keep my mouth shut, even when antagonized by opposing fans.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar

Go ahead. I dare you.

rtr
    Alabama did not deserve a spot in the four team CFP. Why? Because we looked so bad against Auburn. I think what he wanted was Oklahoma, Clemson, Auburn and UCF. Long a "BCS buster" fan, Brando is now a "CFP" buster fan.
    I do not believe in atheists, therefore they do not exist.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Yet LSU has SE Louisiana, LA Tech, and Rice
    Last edited by 81usaf92; July 6th, 2018 at 03:21 PM.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Most true contenders won't play us since they run the risk of getting kicked out of the race right after game 1.....

The only thing I could think of -- is to start trying to cut deals with the Minnesota, Colorado, Purdue, BCs of the world. But, even they won't want to schedule a Bama game during weeks 3, 4, 5 --

I'm honestly surprised we get the teams we get already....
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

BamaNation All-American

I noted that some of the vitriol was motivated by success, but IMO, Bama's has much more fire and ridicule because of the reasons I mentioned. Even when Bama was down the ridicule was unnatural or at least unusual. And when they went after CNS, the ridicule was off the charts. Not only that but after he was hired any "mistake" he made or misstep he took caused a loud and ridiculous uproar at least twice making a fool of themselves. Part of that was some in the media's disdain for CNS, but it was greatly intensified because it was Alabama. In fact, there were some in the media who acknowledged that they had stepped over the line in the attacks on Saban and Bama. Yes, there are many who hate Duke and others, but the attacks are of a different nature and different intensity. Part of it is that Bama has had more success than Duke, part of it is that it's the SEC where passions run hotter, but a good bit of it is the other reasons I mentioned and more. So, IMO, it's different.