Soccer team and coach trapped in Thailand cave

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I want to like Musk but then stuff keeps popping up that makes me think he's a grade a jerk.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/27/elon-musk-farting-unicorn-mug-cartoon-tom-edwards

In other words, billionaire could have done the right thing and thrown a $1,000 bone at an artist that created something he loved. Instead he decided to steal and use his creation (despite whatever you think of the quality of that creation) and then mock the people afterwards.
Have to agree with you on this one, Matt.

That artist could sue, Musk, couldn't he?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I want to like Musk but then stuff keeps popping up that makes me think he's a grade a jerk.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/jun/27/elon-musk-farting-unicorn-mug-cartoon-tom-edwards

In other words, billionaire could have done the right thing and thrown a $1,000 bone at an artist that created something he loved. Instead he decided to steal and use his creation (despite whatever you think of the quality of that creation) and then mock the people afterwards.
Loved these statements:

...“Electric cars are good for the environment because electricity comes from magic,” he wrote. ...He said he was making a joke about how people don’t understand the source of a car’s electricity ...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44791998

The full story of Thailand’s extraordinary cave rescue

On 23 June, 12 boys went exploring in Thailand's Chiang Rai province with their football coach - and ended up trapped deep inside a cave underneath a mountain.
What happened over the following two weeks has gripped the world. It is a remarkable story of friendship, human endurance - and the lengths some people will go to save someone else's child.
This is the story of the Wild Boars.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
what an incredible story. so many people coming together to do what was thought to be almost impossible.

this quote gave me a chill.

As for the rescuers, they are still digesting the unprecedented feat they pulled off.
"We didn't think the mission would be this successful," said Thai Navy Seals leader Rear Adm Arpakorn Yuukongkaew.
When rescue operations began, his team only had "a little bit of hope that they might still be alive".
"In the end that tiny bit of hope became reality."

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's no excuse, but I have to admit, it would be EXTREMELY hard for me to keep perspective and humility as a billionaire. Again, no excuse for his comments.
He literally has people praising him for 'saving the planet' every day. Like you, I'm not excusing it, but I can understand how it would be difficult to remain grounded when people fawn over you non-stop.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.