2019 Dax Hill signs with Michigan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Someone had to talk to Kaho when he contacted the staff.
He was given permission to transfer. Until then, it would have been a violation. Today the player must be listed in the transfer portal. At least, that is my understanding.

ETA - actually, not sure if the portal applies if the situation is like Kaho's - where the player has not officially enrolled in the school yet. I believe that other schools are still banned from talking to him until he gets a release from his school, but have no idea if the portal is required because it would not really be a "transfer".

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He was given permission to transfer. Until then, it would have been a violation. Today the player must be listed in the transfer portal. At least, that is my understanding.

ETA - actually, not sure if the portal applies if the situation is like Kaho's - where the player has not officially enrolled in the school yet. I believe that other schools are still banned from talking to him until he gets a release from his school, but have no idea if the portal is required because it would not really be a "transfer".
"This thing reads like stereo instructions!" - every NCAA student athlete's parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
hate it that we missed out but the parents made the decision for him or he'd be in crimson.
Tua's parents made the decision for him and Lia. I love to hear about kids who respect their parents enough to follow their guidance in situations like this. Tough that Alabama didn't get him, and even tougher that UM did, but it sounds like this kid comes from a solid family.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Tua's parents made the decision for him and Lia. I love to hear about kids who respect their parents enough to follow their guidance in situations like this. Tough that Alabama didn't get him, and even tougher that UM did, but it sounds like this kid comes from a solid family.
Somewhat different situations. Dax was committed to Bama until NSD and flipped. Tua/Lia were never committed to anyone else. Parental guidance is very important with kids this age but it did sound like he wanted to go to Bama and M/D wanted UM.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Somewhat different situations. Dax was committed to Bama until NSD and flipped. Tua/Lia were never committed to anyone else. Parental guidance is very important with kids this age but it did sound like he wanted to go to Bama and M/D wanted UM.
agree with this. Dax will get drafted and likely be a very high draft pick, but I think coming here would have been better for him in the development especially with Kelly being full time at safety (Saban as well). Michigan might be looking at a new coach if the revenge tour 2.0 doesn't included Ohio State very soon. Harb in my eyes has been a major disappointment at Mich. If you asked me 3 years ago who I would want to replace Saban it would've been Harb but now it's like the game has passed him by.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
agree with this. Dax will get drafted and likely be a very high draft pick, but I think coming here would have been better for him in the development especially with Kelly being full time at safety (Saban as well). Michigan might be looking at a new coach if the revenge tour 2.0 doesn't included Ohio State very soon. Harb in my eyes has been a major disappointment at Mich. If you asked me 3 years ago who I would want to replace Saban it would've been Harb but now it's like the game has passed him by.
Dunno about "passed him by" - Hairball could just be the CFB version of Avery Johnson in developing college kids after having come from the NFL. (Know he was "successful" at Stanford before Niners but it's relative.)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Dunno about "passed him by" - Hairball could just be the CFB version of Avery Johnson in developing college kids after having come from the NFL. (Know he was "successful" at Stanford before Niners but it's relative.)
I’d say Shaw was more successful at getting kids ready.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.