2019 Dax Hill signs with Michigan

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Re: **** 2019 S Daxton Hill Commits to Bama *****

I love the information you provide Jam, but I don’t agree here. We will win with or without Hill. Saban’s philosophy has worked pretty well considering the results. I’m irritated, too, but a couple of “5 Stars” don’t make or break the greatest CFB dynasty ever.
I agree with this but the saying we will win with or without you eventually does hinge on the player you do end up with and them panning out. We've done it in the past but when you zero in on a recruit and miss it hurts. Saban even said (paraphrasing) that he needed the best players to win. The sky isn't falling but the program should be reeling in these guys effortlessly now with all the championships, nfl players, etc.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I agree with this but the saying we will win with or without you eventually does hinge on the player you do end up with and them panning out. We've done it in the past but when you zero in on a recruit and miss it hurts. Saban even said (paraphrasing) that he needed the best players to win. The sky isn't falling but the program should be reeling in these guys effortlessly now with all the championships, nfl players, etc.
Well, the biggest thing is, Saban isn’t promising them from day one they will play........ telling them they will compete turns a lot of them off as they want it now, not later.......

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

I may be slightly off, but I think we are on the cusp of signing a record number of “4 Stars.” So, again, we are ok.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

honestly idk man this class had the making of greatness only to fall apart at the end. I just want to see who we sign now. Saban has to change some philosophy or something. Never seen us in his era miss on so many guys.
Kids want to play immediately. They want their ego stroked. CNS will never do that.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

We are at an interesting cycle in recruiting due to various factors. Some of the main ones are the new cycle of coaches not only in the SEC but nationally as well. Every program is doing their best to develop a program like BAMA so we're going to see more of the program get more of the top tier players across the board than we've usually experienced in the last 4-5 years. I'm going to reserve my full thoughts til the end of the day but right now, BAMA is the only team in the top 4 in recruiting out of the playoff matchups this year and looks to be the only one in the top 4 at the end of recruiting. The biggest thing for us is making sure we don't miss out on positions of need and we will be good.

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

Sounds like Hill was always going to be a tough pull with his parents favoring UM. Should have never flipped in the first place. Oh well

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Don't understand the grinding of our gears over this one. He was all Michigan and then flipped to us a couple of weeks ago, but then there were instant rumors he would flip back. We never really had him and it's not worth the worry. Chances are we'll never cross paths with him again. Move on!

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia

Yeah will be interesting if he gets the GB job
My dad, in the late 60's, early 70's, had a political job through the Army . . . and behind the bar in the family room was a framed sign with a quote allegedly attributed to Nixon - All Men Lie. Parents who believe Harbaugh are gullible and simply looking for a means to rationalize a decision. Woe to them.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

This Hill battle.. I don't think it's over yet. Kids always want to please his parent instead of going after what he really want.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

If he signed it's over.
I'm saying if Harbaugh leaves... Hill can ask to be released from LOI... as long he doesn't attend classes.. I'm not saying there is a chance... It is just that Harbaugh has been linked to GB and We haven't heard much about who their candidates are.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Kids want to play immediately. They want their ego stroked. CNS will never do that.
Jam, San J and RTO.. ya'll have done amazing job this year. I don't know what Saban will do to change things up going forward, but this can't be good that two years in a row, we've had similar situation and I suspect He might change things up for 2020, and get kids to somewhat give their word week before etc.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Jam, San J and RTO.. ya'll have done amazing job this year. I don't know what Saban will do to change things up going forward, but this can't be good that two years in a row, we've had similar situation and I suspect He might change things up for 2020, and get kids to somewhat give their word week before etc.
Honestly, what can you do differently? You can't make them tell you and even if they do, they can change their mind right before they announce/fax.

It is what it is. CNS won't change much because he's not going to promise something he can't deliver. Did you see what Battle said CNS said? Paraphrased it was: "This is Alabama. Can't tell you you'll start/play, but you can compete."

If Kirby or Pruitt or anybody else promises a starting spot that's on them not us and in the long run it'll catch up to them (like it looks like it's already catching up to Kirby).

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Would have loved to have him but I like that we seem to be trending more towards the long and rangy type guys like Surtain and Diggs.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

he has tried that this year....didn't want anyone to wait until Feb

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
This one will be interesting to hear all what happened. It was always odd that bama staff stayed so hard after battle despite hills flip to us, as if the staff didn't believe it either.

Oh well, battle will benefit from time the best coverage system in college. Best of luck to hill

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Here is my own opinion only btw so tifwiw Harbaugh is leaving this offseason for the NFL. Hill will get out out of his NLI and then sign here. This isn't based on any inside info. Hill wants to be here but the dad wants Michigan.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Here is my own opinion only btw so tifwiw Harbaugh is leaving this offseason for the NFL. Hill will get out out of his NLI and then sign here. This isn't based on any inside info. Hill wants to be here but the dad wants Michigan.
Man, if Captain Khaki slacks leaves, I bet quite a few recruits will be ticked off

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.