2019 Dax Hill signs with Michigan

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
they've had a ton of transfers and kids going pro. The will have a bad year next year.
Michigan is a good school and if he is good enough he will make it to the league anyway. I mean, there won't be any championships in his tenure but at least he gets to wear that funky helmet design in the freezing cold a few years.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
This morning on PFT live Mike Florio named three NFL teams who wanted to talk to Harbaugh and said there was another, un-named team. Of course, he also said it'd take them breaking the bank, but when you have leverage who doesn't get a huge contract?

rtr

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
I've read this theory, what do you think? He was all BLUE all the time, he was told by the coaching staff to switch to bama so they could grab the headlines on NSD saying "MICH flips bama 5 star". if true that's pretty low. surely even tan pants would not sink that far. Or would he?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I've read this theory, what do you think? He was all BLUE all the time, he was told by the coaching staff to switch to bama so they could grab the headlines on NSD saying "MICH flips bama 5 star". if true that's pretty low. surely even tan pants would not sink that far. Or would he?
I don't buy it. That's a fan theory thing. He switched, his parents pulled a cyrus on him.

That or he switched and saw we were still aggressively recruiting batlle and eventually went with his parents top choice.

Or harbaugh threatended to have a sleep over with him.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
Michigan is a good school and if he is good enough he will make it to the league anyway. I mean, there won't be any championships in his tenure but at least he gets to wear that funky helmet design in the freezing cold a few years.
Michigan is a great university with a rich football tradition.
Bama is not for everyone...see Rashaan Gary.
Regardless, my paranoia gene is acting up since yesterday.
Why did he announce his flip, and then reverse so quickly?
And, why was Jordan Battle, another safety, the first guy we signed?
Did Hill inform us that he had changed his mind....or did the GOAT smell a rat, and move on?
Only the Shadow knows....or, maybe Jambama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I don't buy it. That's a fan theory thing. He switched, his parents pulled a cyrus on him.

That or he switched and saw we were still aggressively recruiting batlle and eventually went with his parents top choice.

Believe Battle plans to play CB, so the parents would be the primary factor here.

bamabill123

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2018
Believe Battle plans to play CB, so the parents would be the primary factor here.
when hill flipped to bama he refused all interviews with the media concerning the flip, hmm, why was this? according to garcia, he did one interview with a tulsa paper and was very very vague about his commitment. makes me wonder.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I read on another board before he signed with Michigan, but after Battle flipped , that Hill May have second thoughts because he was told Bama would only take 2 safeties this cycle. I guess the staff was not confident on Battle when he was told this. The feeling was that regardless, Hill was standing by his commitment. I don’t know if any of this is true, but it sounds plausible.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
when hill flipped to bama he refused all interviews with the media concerning the flip, hmm, why was this? according to garcia, he did one interview with a tulsa paper and was very very vague about his commitment. makes me wonder.
Not really. Some guys just don't like to do media.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There are two prevailing theories up here - one is that his parents pressured him to switch back to UM, and the other is that Harbaugh promised him that he was staying at UM. The second has several variations, but the fact is that Hill and his family have said nothing, so we just don't know.

We know that he flipped to Alabama, but he never said why. We know that he flipped back to UM, but he has not said why.

Oh yeah, and the folks at Okie State are still salty about not landing such a great talent in their back yard.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Hill's Dad has some weird quotes though...He keeps referring the the Michigan network and how that will help his son after school. Dax even said something to the effect of, If I need anything after school's over I can just hit up a UM alum? ( NOT a direct quote, but very similar.) It was just odd...
There are two prevailing theories up here - one is that his parents pressured him to switch back to UM, and the other is that Harbaugh promised him that he was staying at UM. The second has several variations, but the fact is that Hill and his family have said nothing, so we just don't know.

We know that he flipped to Alabama, but he never said why. We know that he flipped back to UM, but he has not said why.

Oh yeah, and the folks at Okie State are still salty about not landing such a great talent in their back yard.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

his parents pressured him to switch back to UM, and the other is that Harbaugh promised him that he was staying at UM these are one in the same as to what happened.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Hill's Dad has some weird quotes though...He keeps referring the the Michigan network and how that will help his son after school. Dax even said something to the effect of, If I need anything after school's over I can just hit up a UM alum? ( NOT a direct quote, but very similar.) It was just odd...
That just sounds like a general Michigan recruiting pitch (like, the school, not specifically the football program). They have a really high (probably inflated) view of the power and influence of their alumni network (which to be fair, is pretty massive and well-represented in major urban employment centers). Sounds like they did a good job selling that to Dax and his family.

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I know having Michigan on your resume represents panache to some . . . but I would think in Tulsa, midwest/southern schools would carry more weight. In fact, he should have signed with Vanderbilt or Stanford if that was such a concern.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I know having Michigan on your resume represents panache to some . . . but I would think in Tulsa, midwest/southern schools would carry more weight. In fact, he should have signed with Vanderbilt or Stanford if that was such a concern.
Realistically, it is not the name on the degree that matters as much as the network. UM's network is better than Ohio State's - it is a legitimate force. Whether that extends into the Midwest, I have no idea.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Realistically, it is not the name on the degree that matters as much as the network. UM's network is better than Ohio State's - it is a legitimate force. Whether that extends into the Midwest, I have no idea.
meh...do we really think that is what is driving his thought process. All he (and every other 5 star) is concerned about is the NFL.

That's what makes this so bizzare when you consider what CNS does with 5 stars.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Dax's dad was quoted as saying it came down to Dax wanting to be closer to home and T-town is about 250 miles closer to Tulsa. Not sure of the context of the quote and it may have been a snarky response to the reporter based on Dax's reason.

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005
meh...do we really think that is what is driving his thought process. All he (and every other 5 star) is concerned about is the NFL.

That's what makes this so bizzare when you consider what CNS does with 5 stars.

... methinks the bold part of your post is a gross generalization, ... and a false one at that. :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.