Possible sex abuse at Ohio State

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
On the surface, it looks like an attempt to either extort some money or damage someone's political career to me. Or, on the other side, someone covering things up to protect their political career. This might be an Ohio State thing, but I doubt this one has enough merit to make it much beyond right where it is. I hope we never see what has happened at Baylor or Michigan State come up again anywhere.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
On the surface, it looks like an attempt to either extort some money or damage someone's political career to me. Or, on the other side, someone covering things up to protect their political career. This might be an Ohio State thing, but I doubt this one has enough merit to make it much beyond right where it is. I hope we never see what has happened at Baylor or Michigan State come up again anywhere.
Sounds more like Penn State if there is anything to this story.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I have already learned that every male over the age of 15 is guilty of sexual abuse/harassment. That being said it is a SHAME that all this making mountains out of molehills is taking away from the real crimes of abuse and harassment. Such is our world today.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
The same law firm that paid for the fake Russian Dossier is behind the probe.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Since it seems no one can keep politics out of it we'll just move to to NS where it likely belongs.

I think it's a shame that we have to move the thread because it's an important topic, but some people just can't help themselves.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I don't know any more about this than you guys. The good news is that everyone involved is either dead or is no longer associated with OSU. But the decision to go after Jordan right now is typical political garbage. Did he know? How could we possibly know for Sure? But he will be judged. That's the world we live in today.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The same law firm that paid for the fake Russian Dossier is behind the probe.
The fake dossier that has information that has been verified repeatedly and debunked not at all.

It’s funny when people believe a fake news station that’s trying to tell people the real world is fake.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I don't know any more about this than you guys. The good news is that everyone involved is either dead or is no longer associated with OSU. But the decision to go after Jordan right now is typical political garbage. Did he know? How could we possibly know for Sure? But he will be judged. That's the world we live in today.
If it was just one or two I would be more willing to believe this was a political hitjob.

The Perkins Coie law firm, which is overseeing the probe for the university, has interviewed more than 150 former students and witnesses so far, OSU officials said. Former athletes from 14 Ohio State sports have reported abuse by Strauss, the university said.
But come on. Due process is obviously needed before a complete rush to judgement but if this guy knew what was going on I don’t care whose team he is on he needs to go down.

These type of things take a long time to come out. It being right now is not necessarily suspicious in and of itself.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
maybe john boehner got his revenge.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
If it was just one or two I would be more willing to believe this was a political hitjob.

But come on. Due process is obviously needed before a complete rush to judgement but if this guy knew what was going on I don’t care whose team he is on he needs to go down.

These type of things take a long time to come out. It being right now is not necessarily suspicious in and of itself.
This isn't about being tried in courts. It is about being tried in the court of public opinion and in the polls.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
This isn't about being tried in courts. It is about being tried in the court of public opinion and in the polls.
I agree with you. Which is why I said due process is needed before a complete rush to judgement. However in cases like Sandusky, Roy Moore, and others it starts becoming relatively clear even without full due process that there is some truth to the issue. The actions of the accused often lend credence to that side of the story - although even that isn't clear cut always. I'm not saying that's the case here because it's fairly new and I haven't dug that deeply into it yet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.