News Article: Phil Savage Steps Down as UA Radio Color Analyst

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Someone ought to do the prank call of the century (record it and put it on the internets) and call Danny KUH-NAIL pretending to be from UA asking if he would be interested in the job.

This would be a great prank for the Paul Finebaum show to do on air.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Someone ought to do the prank call of the century (record it and put it on the internets) and call Danny KUH-NAIL pretending to be from UA asking if he would be interested in the job.

This would be a great prank for the Paul Finebaum show to do on air.
That idiot would probably think it was for real.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I figured it would be someone aligned with Saban somehow. I guess I didn't want to come to grips with my age now to realize it could be one of his very early Bama players. Both these guys are very close to the same age as me. Millennial takeover is here.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I'm pretty happy with that. JPW sees the field really well, and cuts through the fluff to the important read, block or tackle that defines the play. His Alabama pedigree can't be faulted. This is a good selection.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I think think these guys will be great additions to the Bama radio broadcast team. JPW is a good guy and you won't find a better person than Rashad. Rudy can't hold a candle to Rashad's story. From walk on, to ALL SEC and team captain, to the NFL. Try and top that. RTR

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Me too. He was my first choice.

IMO, JPW is lucky this position didn't come open last year. It used to pain me to listen to him on JOX because of his nervous stutter but listening to him this morning he has gotten much more comfortable and I think can do a really good job here. In fact he was really smooth this morning. No one will ever touch the Snake IMO, but good luck JPW. Barrett Jones would have been an excellent choice as well.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Since it is late off-season, I went back and watched this. The Clemson game with JPW as QB.
He did not do too bad.
The Game That Started Alabama Dynasty

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Since it is late off-season, I went back and watched this. The Clemson game with JPW as QB.
He did not do too bad.
The Game That Started Alabama Dynasty
This is gold, thanks for posting! I forgot how fun of a season 2008 was. I knew it was a great season, but thinking back I tend to only remember the bad taste still left from the SECCG and Utah game. That season had some absolutely awesome games though and this one tops the list Add on the blackout game, the OT win over LSU, blanking Auburn after years of frustration...That was a fun year with many great memories. Seeing as how this year is the 10 year anniversary, I might have to make it a goal to watch a few replays from that season this month to prep for next season. Thanks for the dose of nostalgia!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
No one will ever touch the Snake IMO, but good luck JPW.
Amen. I miss the Snake and hate we dropped him. I mean he had his demons but he truly loved Bama.

As for JPW and RJ, I'm glad they were hired. I was scared they were going to hire Tyler Watts who I can't stand!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.