Non Sports - Survivor Contest

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Most people can tell you what they are but are too often misunderstood or erroneous labeled something else by others - most often when those others fail to ask or just assume that because they take a certain position of series of positions that they are something they aren't.

I do get the post above was in blue.
Exactly and it's not that simple as liberal or moderate or conservative. I'm probably more liberal than I portray here at times but I am also likely more moderate on gun control than others. But when it comes to economics(which I avoid discussing here because I have enough of that at work) and other social issues I'm much more liberal.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Exactly and it's not that simple as liberal or moderate or conservative. I'm probably more liberal than I portray here at times but I am also likely more moderate on gun control than others. But when it comes to economics(which I avoid discussing here because I have enough of that at work) and other social issues I'm much more liberal.
I consider my political underpinning to be classical liberalism. Though libertarian with a small "L" did spring from that there are some marked differences. Libertarians tend to say all taxes are theft and social programs of any stripe are an encroachment on liberty (though some are for universal income, so go figure). Classical liberalism says government must function and provide for the general welfare. I am completely comfortable as a classical liberal without any need to expand from there or include either major party or the left/right/conservative/liberal divides in the description of my political positions as they just tend to cause more confusion than understanding.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I consider my political underpinning to be classical liberalism. Though libertarian with a small "L" did spring from that there are some marked differences. Libertarians tend to say all taxes are theft and social programs of any stripe are an encroachment on liberty (though some are for universal income, so go figure). Classical liberalism says government must function and provide for the general welfare. I am completely comfortable as a classical liberal without any need to expand from there or include either major party or the left/right/conservative/liberal divides in the description of my political positions as they just tend to cause more confusion than understanding.
I understand completely. I'm so tired of being mislabeled and shoehorned into a category where I don't belong that it's difficult to take it in good humor. I'm not sure we need more false dichotomy. Most people in this country are in the center, a fact which both extremes need to deny...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I understand completely. I'm so tired of being mislabeled and shoehorned into a category where I don't belong that it's difficult to take it in good humor. I'm not sure we need more false dichotomy. Most people in this country are in the center, a fact which both extremes need to deny...
As long as they can divide evenly the two major parties both win.

As long as they can get you to let them do your thinking they can keep your support.

In the meantime people lose their connections with each other and nothing gets solved.

No one thinks for themselves or pushes the boundaries or ventures over to third parties if they can make the other party out to be an existential threat that must be defeated at all costs. Can't risk wasting a vote on someone not electable. Can't look elsewhere for solutions. Reign 'em in then box 'em in. Rinse and repeat.

I have the luxury as it were of being in a state I have no worry of causing a shift in the outcome so I can vote my conscience regardless, but at this point I wouldn't be boxed into the D/R choice anyway. I don't buy it anymore, even with Trump being the object at the center.

ETA: This is why they label and shoehorn.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.