Son will be marching in MDB

Bamagradandmom

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 26, 2017
So thrilled that not only will my son be attending Bama this fall, but he was accepted in the Million Dollar Band!
We gave up season tickets years ago when we were having babies and have just been buying single game tickets. Looks like we will be going to a lot more games the first being in Orlando! RTR

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Just curious....what's his instrument?

I know the head of percussion, Neal Flum. He's a great guy. I understand that, like all good teachers, he's demanding. But if your son is a drummer, Neal will make him a better player and more disciplined in all aspects of life.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
Congrats! My son marched in the MDB for 4 years including 2 National Championships! I hope your son has at least as good of a time. He will have a blast. RTR!

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Congrats from this old band director! I get to teach some wonderful kids and it is always thrilling to see them want to continue their musical life in college. I’ve had the privilege of sending some of my kids from Memphis to march with the MDB and it is always a great day when I get to go to a game, catch up with them before they play, and see them perform!

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Marched for 3 years when I was in college. I know he'll go to some better bowls than I did.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
So thrilled that not only will my son be attending Bama this fall, but he was accepted in the Million Dollar Band!
We gave up season tickets years ago when we were having babies and have just been buying single game tickets. Looks like we will be going to a lot more games the first being in Orlando! RTR
Congrats! What does he play?

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Nice! The MDB is a great organization as well as one of the best bands in the country. I hope your kid has lots of great memories from being in the band, as I sure do!

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Congrats!

"Funny the way it is", but this will be the first year in about 15 years that we won't have a kid in any college band. We've had three in MDB. The oldest during the Shula years.... Not the best of times - but the other two saw three NC's between them.... But regardless, all Three of them loved their time with MDB!!

Bamagradandmom

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 26, 2017
He plays the sax and loves it!
He wants to play in the jazz band too.

For those of you who don't know, getting into the MDB is very competitive! 600 kids tryout and 400 make it, they have to tryout every year.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Congrats to your son! I marched during the Shula years and it wasn't a whole lot of fun, honestly. People have lots of opinions about the MDB, but Dr. O and Mr. Coleman do a great job. It's hard for a band to have an impact in a stadium as large as BDS is now, but MDB does a great job of it. I hope your son enjoys the second golden age of Alabama football and the perks that come with MDB membership!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.