Top 15 Democrat Candidates for President in 2020

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
By that statement are you suggesting that there is anything in the history of the US comparable to Trump? I don't understand the equivalency you are suggesting.
That's why it's in blue.

And despite what has been said, it isn't the dems who discovered, invented, or made sole use of the term whataboutism. For instance, I voted for a 3rd party in the last election and haven't voted for a democrat for president in over 20 years. I have no intention of voting for a democrat in an future election. But none of that matters. I must be intentionally mislabeled so I can be marginalized and my opinions discounted. Therefore, I am lumped in with "Demco" just because I oppose Trumpco.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I am going to ask a few questions that will appear pretty stupid and elementary, so bear with me. Since I get most of my news and views from Tidefans, I put a lot of stock in your opinions. So here goes all opinions are welcomed:

1. Is the only issue the Evangelicals have and why they support the Republicans is that they want to overturn Roe v. Wade and believe only a conservative SCOTUS will do this?
2. Exactly what is a conservative in today's political environment?
3. What is the difference between a liberal Democrat and a progressive Democrat?
4. Is anybody concerned that Trump is meeting privately with Putin with only Putin's interpreter present. Just the three of them?
5. Considering Trump blew up the G7 and may perform exactly the same at the upcoming NATO summit, is there any reason to believe he is carrying out Putin's agenda because Putin has incriminating information on him?

Thanks for all responses.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I am going to ask a few questions that will appear pretty stupid and elementary, so bear with me. Since I get most of my news and views from Tidefans, I put a lot of stock in your opinions. So here goes all opinions are welcomed:

1. Is the only issue the Evangelicals have and why they support the Republicans is that they want to overturn Roe v. Wade and believe only a conservative SCOTUS will do this?
3. What is the difference between a liberal Democrat and a progressive Democrat?
4. Is anybody concerned that Trump is meeting privately with Putin with only Putin's interpreter present. Just the three of them?
5. Considering Trump blew up the G7 and may perform exactly the same at the upcoming NATO summit, is there any reason to believe he is carrying out Putin's agenda because Putin has incriminating information on him?

The Evangelicals that I know have given up on Roe V Wade for the most part. It's pretty much accepted that it's here to stay.

I do think that if they had given in on "in the event of Incest or Rape" years ago -- they likely could have gotten it overturned in the 80s. But since they wouldn't budge on those - they got nothing.

Personally - I think "Conservative" at this juncture is "try like Hell to hold on to the status quo" --

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Yes and yes. Although it has already happened before.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/world/europe/trump-putin-undisclosed-meeting.html

WASHINGTON — Hours into a dinner with world leaders who had gathered for the Group of 20 summit meeting, President Trump left his chair at the sprawling banquet table and headed to where President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia was seated.

The two presidents had met earlier in the day for the first time and, as the White House put it, had developed a rapport even as they talked about Russia’s interference in the United States’ 2016 elections.

The July 7 meeting in Hamburg, Germany, was the single most scrutinized of the Trump presidency. But it turned out there was another encounter: a one-on-one discussion over dinner that lasted as long as an hour and relied solely on a Kremlin-provided interpreter.
A multitude of Trump's actions have directly benefited Russia in many ways. I would be hard pressed to find evidence that would show that he's not directly in Putin's pocket.

I'm guessing it's just a strange coincidence that we have Russians all over the campaign to elect Donald Trump and shortly afterwards many of Russia's geopolitical strategy dreams just start coming true.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes and yes. Although it has already happened before.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/world/europe/trump-putin-undisclosed-meeting.html

A multitude of Trump's actions have directly benefited Russia in many ways. I would be hard pressed to find evidence that would show that he's not directly in Putin's pocket.

I'm guessing it's just a strange coincidence that we have Russians all over the campaign to elect Donald Trump and shortly afterwards many of Russia's geopolitical strategy dreams just start coming true.
it's all libtard fantasy because we cannot handle being pwned by our betters and have to lash out at someone

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

That's a lot of questions unrelated to the thread topic. Seems like you would get more traction on other threads or new threads.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That's why it's in blue.

And despite what has been said, it isn't the dems who discovered, invented, or made sole use of the term whataboutism. For instance, I voted for a 3rd party in the last election and haven't voted for a democrat for president in over 20 years. I have no intention of voting for a democrat in an future election. But none of that matters. I must be intentionally mislabeled so I can be marginalized and my opinions discounted. Therefore, I am lumped in with "Demco" just because I oppose Trumpco.
Everyone should come to the dark side and vote 3rd party. There is plenty of room. As soon as people realize both republicans and democrats are idiots/crooks/liars the better.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Everyone should come to the dark side and vote 3rd party. There is plenty of room. As soon as people realize both republicans and democrats are idiots/crooks/liars the better.
The problem is that I don't buy the idea that most 3rd party politicians are any better or would be once in office.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The problem is that I don't buy the idea that most 3rd party politicians are any better or would be once in office.
i don't really believe that there is some massive number of folks out there with a large enough overlap in what they want/how they want it to make for a viable 3rd party, at least on the national level.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Most people who desire a third party -- don't really have a specific candidate in mind....

Instead of being "anyone but Trump" or "anyone but Hillary" --- they are usually "Anyone but Trump OR Hillary" .....

It will take a respected leader of each party to make it happen..... The best opportunity existed about 10 years ago -- if McCain and Lieberman would have had the guts to make a go of it.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Most people who desire a third party -- don't really have a specific candidate in mind....

Instead of being "anyone but Trump" or "anyone but Hillary" --- they are usually "Anyone but Trump OR Hillary" .....

It will take a respected leader of each party to make it happen..... The best opportunity existed about 10 years ago -- if McCain and Lieberman would have had the guts to make a go of it.
Shew! Oh am I glad you said that because I understand myself so much better now! /blue font

actually, I more carefully chose for whom to vote than the vast majority of people who voted. And though the candidate was not perfect I felt he had infinitely more integrity than either major party candidate. Frankly, you can save the projectionism for the people who buy that kind of bull.

When it it comes down to it, many people who are socially liberal and fiscally conservative can find some value in the Libertarian party. More fiscally liberal, someone out there for you as well.

No vote is more wasted than one that is purely against another.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Shew! Oh am I glad you said that because I understand myself so much better now! /blue font

actually, I more carefully chose for whom to vote than the vast majority of people who voted. And though the candidate was not perfect I felt he had infinitely more integrity than either major party candidate. Frankly, you can save the projectionism for the people who buy that kind of bull.

When it it comes down to it, many people who are socially liberal and fiscally conservative can find some value in the Libertarian party. More fiscally liberal, someone out there for you as well.

No vote is more wasted than one that is purely against another.
I said "most" --

And I still stand by that belief.....most 3rd party voters vote 3rd party as a statement vote against the other 2 parties....

You may be the exception.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.