Le Tour 2018

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That was quite a stage yesterday. There were points in the race where I was thinking that G. Thomas would lose Le maillot jaune. It was pretty exciting. The interview with Dumoulin at the end was interesting. He was PO'd with Roglic and the motos.

Well the 18 mile TT will be interesting today. Huge advantage for Le maillot jaune running last. That’s the position that Frommie has normally had. Now he finds himself being the hare for Dumoulin and Roglic for that podium position. When you look at those two, they certainly seem to have much more energy than Frommie. I would not be surprised if we learn after the race that he is carrying an infection or illness. He just seems to be way off and I don’t buy its because of the Giro (but what the heck do I know about this!).

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
Yeah they used that excuse with Quintana over the last couple of years. This year Movistar protected him but he is still struggling. I am not in a position to offer a reason why Froome is struggling other than perhaps he is just not the powerhouse he used to be.

It’s been a great tour. Its good to see Sky have to earn it. People went after them this year.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I just finished watching. It was fantastic!

VERY happy for TD to get the stage win. So funny to see Bob Roll talking about the emotion he would have today to propel him to victory. Love the world championship jersey/helmet and the story of the missing skin suit and how it was replaced in time. Good stuff all around.

And what can you say about Froomie? Happy to see him demonstrate why he is --- the reigning 4 time champion!

Nice to have a new winner this year. The segments with GT and his manager hugging each other were priceless.

Kudos also to Lawson Craddock for finishing.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Today obviously is the last day. A replay of yesterday's stage just ended and today's stage is about to begin Really great coverage and commentary as usual. Respect to the entire broadcast team and NBCSN for doing such an amazing job for us viewers again this year. Love the coat and ties today too. :p

Will be interesting to see the breakaway's, chases, and sprints as we head into Paris.

Oh BTW....here is TD and his gorgeous World championship skin suit from yesterday's ITT.....breathtaking!

SavanaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 25, 2000
Huntsville, AL
Thanks for the Phil Liggett video -- as irritating as he can be I love me some Phil and Paul. We look forward to hearing about the "suitcases of courage," "dancing on the pedals," and the "big, fancy men." He's hilarious!

Also thanks for the Phinney interview; I missed it earlier.

I enjoyed Sylvain Chavanel's "attack" on the Champs on Sunday as his parting gift to French cycling fans. 350+ TdF stages in his career -- Chapeau, Chavanel!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.