Le Tour 2018

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The TDF goes through Moutiers tomorrow, about 40 minutes from my daughter and SIL's restaurant. Two of my grandchildren are flying back out of Geneva tomorrow, so they will have to leave early or they will get trapped on the wrong side of Moutiers. The Tour is actually hurting business in the village a bit. They think it is the traffic worries tourists have because of the TDF...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
i haven't kept up in recent years, but i was surprised to see cavendish as a dnf
I think he finished....just didn't make the time cut. Unless you mean DNF the tour, which is correct.

He's not having a good tour this year. No stage wins....not even in the mix for any stage sprints.

I don't know what's going on.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think he finished....just didn't make the time cut. Unless you mean DNF the tour, which is correct.

He's not having a good tour this year. No stage wins....not even in the mix for any stage sprints.

I don't know what's going on.
yeah, i was talking about the tour, but technically, if he didn't finish the stage in the time limit, he didn't finish :). still, it's surprising to see someone of his caliber time out.

SavanaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 25, 2000
Huntsville, AL
Really happy to see Quintana with a win today . . . finally. For no specific reason (other than he was "the new guy"), I made him my annual Tour favorite for several years now -- only to be severely disappointed as he lost time stage-after-stage and year-after-year. Finally I get to see a stage where he is victorious. Wasn't sure initially today when he had the early flats and wheel changes; maybe that was his "bluff strategy" like Lance employed at times in his career.

My hope now is that Sagan can recover from his fall and make it to Paris on Sunday. So many sprinters are now out of the race that it would be crazy for him not to be able to finish. I assume his team will hold him up on the bike if that's what is needed!

Looking forward to Friday's Col d'Aspin and Tourmalet!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Really happy to see Quintana with a win today . . . finally. For no specific reason (other than he was "the new guy"), I made him my annual Tour favorite for several years now -- only to be severely disappointed as he lost time stage-after-stage and year-after-year. Finally I get to see a stage where he is victorious. Wasn't sure initially today when he had the early flats and wheel changes; maybe that was his "bluff strategy" like Lance employed at times in his career.

My hope now is that Sagan can recover from his fall and make it to Paris on Sunday. So many sprinters are now out of the race that it would be crazy for him not to be able to finish. I assume his team will hold him up on the bike if that's what is needed!

Looking forward to Friday's Col d'Aspin and Tourmalet!
Yeah....NQ really turned it up there at the end.....

There was some substantial suffering today! :biggrin2:

PS looks to be OK, thankfully....

https://twitter.com/abc/status/https://twitter.com/petosagan/status/1022184482907013121/photo/1

SavanaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 25, 2000
Huntsville, AL
The interview I read this afternoon quoted Froome indicating he's now riding for G. Thomas. We'll see . . . I don't know Thomas's ITT skills so I wonder if Saturday could make a difference.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Hey Savana.......if you didn't watch it earlier....after today's stage Taylor Phinney gives one of his legendary interviews that has to be the most hilarious one to date! I couldn't find a video of it, so you'll have to stay up tonight to see it. I'm re-watching today's stage right now....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Just finished watching the end of today's stage and am now watching the first part I missed. I will also tune in tonight to the extended coverage edition.

Much respect to the maillot jaune today for the fantastic rep. Some are saying he will win the ITT tomorrow and if so...what a way to head into Paris Sunday.

This event is one of the most enjoyable sporting events for me every year. I love college football, don't get me wrong, but there's nothing like the TDF on so many levels.

SavanaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 25, 2000
Huntsville, AL
Things definitely look good for "G" (looks like that's Froome's nickname for Geraint Thomas). Things can always go south in the individual time trial, but I think it's likely he holds tomorrow. Interesting coverage now will be to see if Froome can move up and make it back into a GC podium position.

SavanaBama

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 25, 2000
Huntsville, AL
My favorite so far of the tour is Lawson Craddock still hanging in after breaking his shoulder blade on the first stage. Definitely one of the tough guys! :hurray:

Bama Torch in Pcola

Hall of Fame
Dec 18, 2002
It has been awesome to watch him day by day. Cyclists are the toughest athletes.

I have been wanting someone to beat Froome, not because I don’t like him, but because he has been so dominant the last few years. I have to admit it made me a little sad to see people riding away from yesterday. I felt like I was watching the end of a great dynasty. The Sky dynasty is still in force though. Is Paul Sherwin a fan of Bernal? I cannot tell. ��

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.