BREAKING: Van Darius Cowan Dismissed from Team

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
So would I. Come to think of it, hasn`t CNS done precisely that, or something similar? A certain player from Georgia comes to mind. May not have been exactly the same.
Multiple times - sometimes it's worked out (DJ Pettway) sometimes it's blown up in our faces and caused great embarrassment to the University and to our football program (Jonathan Taylor). :(

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Just a really bad situation. I wish the young man all the best. Knowing some things that I know about some of the stuff he's dealt with since being here (100% of it self-inflicted), I really hope he redeems himself with or without football. Everything happens for a reason. I just hope he can find his WHY.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Will never fault CNS for giving the kid every opportunity to get his act together. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

For the guys making the snarky AU comments, I would take him if he goes to JUCO for a year, pays his dues and seems to get his act together. I'm all about giving a kid that screwed up a shot provided he takes the opportunity to learn and grow from his mistakes.
The difference is another chance would be about his third chance considering he's been kicked off his high school team and now kicked off Alabama's team. Not to say the kid will be a failure in life because of these struggles but playing football is a privilege and not something I feel bad about if someone isn't given 3 or 4 different chances at..

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Looks like we might be seeing him on Last Chance U [emoji3].

Seriously, though I hope he can get the right people in his life to guide him to make better decisions. One opportunity is missed and hope he takes advantage of his next one wherever that may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or FAU.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I care even less about his career than he apparently does. Most people will never get anything close to the chance he was afforded. I just hope he stays out of jail and doesn’t harm others. Maybe he will eventually figure it out.
Exactly. He obviously wants to do his own thing and I prefer team players who listen and succeed in life.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
To avoid pushing this to NS I'm not going to say specifics. I just wanted to voice my opinion that I disagree with some of what is being said. I hope he figures it out and succeeds in whatever he may want to do football or otherwise.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To avoid pushing this to NS I'm not going to say specifics. I just wanted to voice my opinion that I disagree with some of what is being said. I hope he figures it out and succeeds in whatever he may want to do football or otherwise.
I don't wish ill on him, but aside from hoping he turns his life around, that's pretty much where my support ends at this point.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
HATE to see this...

Mind you, knowing what we know about his high school antics, everyone who's surprised by this, please stand on your head...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I hate it for him. He is fresh out of second chances at Alabama.
Coach Saban believes in giving guys a second chance.
Physical Assault in a bar, says he threw away a golden opportunity at Alabama.

I hate it for Alabama much more than I hate it for Van Darius.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Pssh... I'll believe that when I see it.

BOL mentioned talk of Christian Miller possibly moving over to ILB some.
Well, I`d certainly think that somebody who`s not there now will need to move over inside. I`ve got the feeling that if we were going to see anything substantive from Davis, we would have seen at least indications of it by now. I`ll gladly be the first to raise my hand and say I was wrong if Ben proves me so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.