BREAKING: Van Darius Cowan Dismissed from Team

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

[FONT=&quot]University of Alabama freshman linebacker VanDarius Cowan has been dismissed from the football team for a violation of team rules, according to an announcement Monday from the UA athletics department.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“VanDarius has been dismissed from the team and is no longer a part of our football program due to a violation of team rules,” Coach Nick Saban said in the statement Monday morning. “Each of us has a responsibility to represent The University of Alabama in a first-class way, and failure to meet those standards can’t be tolerated. We wish VanDarius the very best in the future.”

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cowan, 19, from Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, was projected to be a contender for playing time in 2018.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The dismissal comes less than a week after Tuscaloosa Police charged Cowan with misdemeanor assault. The statement did not address the arrest.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The arrest was related to an incident at a Tuscaloosa bar last month.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Cowan was charged with third-degree assault, Tuscaloosa Police confirmed. He turned himself in Thursday and immediately posted $500 bond without having to go to jail, which isn’t uncommon for misdemeanor charges through TPD.[/FONT]

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
He was given multiple chances while at UA to get his act together.... It's always something with him. I hope he figures it out and save his career somewhere.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Some people just can't get it together. Sad to see someone throw away an opportunity that could have changed his life.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
At least he had a chance. Coach Saban worked with him so now it is time for someone else to step up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
So, Ray got punched for nothing. If that’s true, and it looks that way, then this is good. Bama doesn’t need anything like that. I’m still on the side of due process though.

The artist formerly known as JBama_in_PCOLA

from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
I'm willing to bet Ray isn't telling the whole story... Cowan doesn't punch people for no reason...

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
"Cowan missed part of the spring while focussing on academic issues but returned in time to participate in Alabama's A-Day game."

Was it Coach Saban who said that the guys who can't do the right thing in the classroom tend to be the same guys who can't do the right thing on the field, or in everyday life? Words to that effect?

Hope this guy can get his act together. Glad he will be doing it somewhere else.

Maybe he should call Lincoln Riley or Gus - OU and aub both seem to be ok with bar assaults......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.