So, Who`s Left on the Board? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: So, Who`s Left on the Board?

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    The BOL guys continue to say Alabama takes around 28 guys.

Going by the best count I can get, Alabama has 83 scholarship players after the Cowan and Davis news. There are 12 or 13 seniors on the team (Holcombe makes it 13). I don't expect 13 guys to declare early for the draft, so we're going to see some more departures before the 2019 season starts to make room for all of the guys signing.

Now, some of those guys might be asked to either grey or blueshirt. We'll need to keep that in mind.
    The numbers always work out and people leaving for NFL or other teams every year. We don't know everything about who is or isn't on scholarship.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

I saw we picked up another CB for Sanders and Ika.

Quote Originally Posted by dayhiker View Post
    I had him for a Numerical Methods class in 1994 when he was in the Engineerig Mechanics department. I had done very little programming and it was a 500 level class. I spent a bunch of time in his office because the class was kicking my butt. He seems like a pretty neat guy.
    Let me guess...Fortran? Numerical methods class is hard enough on its own, but layer having to learn/apply Fortran on top of it...kicked my butt too, I feel your pain. I had to do it all on an old mainframe/terminal system.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I was in Communications... :-) LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Let me guess...Fortran? Numerical methods class is hard enough on its own, but layer having to learn/apply Fortran on top of it...kicked my butt too, I feel your pain. I had to do it all on an old mainframe/terminal system.

BamaNation All-American

I had him for a Numerical Methods class in 1994 when he was in the Engineerig Mechanics department. I had done very little programming and it was a 500 level class. I spent a bunch of time in his office because the class was kicking my butt. He seems like a pretty neat guy.
    Sounds like the engineering equivalent of physical chemistry ( AKA pchem ). Considered taking it as an elective in prep for grad school. Course had a rep, so I went to talk to Dr. Smith who was chairman of the chemistry department. Never forget what he said, " Don't take it unless you absolutely have to. Hell son, I teach it and it's hard for ME! ". That psychology class I'd been eyeing all of a sudden looked a LOT better.

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    Fortran is a first semester freshman class. It kicked my butt when I took it. He didn't dictate what language you used. Most people in the class were using C++. I used Visual Basic.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Relayer's Avatar

Ok, then. Any non-propellerheads left on the Board?

Fortran is a first semester freshman class. It kicked my butt when I took it. He didn't dictate what language you used. Most people in the class were using C++. I used Visual Basic.
    The numerical methods class I took (not at UA) required the use of Fortran. We also took it freshman year, then didn't touch it again until numerical methods my junior year which means I had to re-learn it. So I got two butt whippings by Mr. Fortran.

EDIT: Per comments below, yeah, sorry guys, back to recruiting!
    Last edited by Special K; Yesterday at 08:24 AM.
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

BamaNation Second Team

Somebody call campus police, this thread has been hijacked by the Engineering Department!

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post
    Somebody call campus police, this thread has been hijacked by the Engineering Department!
    Yeah, to a point it's fun reminiscing about the bad old days, but time to get back on point 😊

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Jkl0802 View Post

No, call the Army Corps of Engineers for erecting a spillway to drain this techno jumbo away from Tide recruiting...

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Yeah, to a point it's fun reminiscing about the bad old days, but time to get back on point 😊
    Lol I keep opening the thread every time I see a new post, hoping for some good news. Darn.