So, Who`s Left on the Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Well, to a certain extent it was ( although not to the ultimate extent. That was for us! ). The AJC, IMHO, is indeed max supportive of UGA and presents their recruiting efforts in the most positive and optimistic light, pretty much on a consistent basis. I`ve been gone from Alabama for a number of years, so I don`t know if UA receives a similar treatment from any major Alabama paper. Perhaps the Tuscaloosa News ( one would hope! )?
Unless things have changed in the last few years, Bama has even been treated with hostility (e.g., Scarbinsky's bogus, hypocritical and biased, in favor of AU, opinions on Saban's early recruiting and roster mgmt. He was afraid Bama was going to overwhelm AU.) by the larger state papers, especially the Bham News. It does not matter much anymore. Some of the Bham local news TV outlets have also been hostile at times. E.g., the post 2011 incident in N.O., the local Fox outlet hammered Bama for weeks. IMO, it allowed them to divert attention from another Bama NC that they would otherwise have to cover. Bama has probably gotten less favorable coverage for a local behemoth than any other program not on the East or West coasts. I don't watch much news so things could have changed. But what can be said at this point? If Bama has any kind of problem, the vultures will likely circle again.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Unless things have changed in the last few years, Bama has even been treated with hostility (e.g., Scarbinsky's bogus, hypocritical and biased, in favor of AU, opinions on Saban's early recruiting and roster mgmt. He was afraid Bama was going to overwhelm AU.) by the larger state papers, especially the Bham News. It does not matter much anymore. Some of the Bham local news TV outlets have also been hostile at times. E.g., the post 2011 incident in N.O., the local Fox outlet hammered Bama for weeks. IMO, it allowed them to divert attention from another Bama NC that they would otherwise have to cover. Bama has probably gotten less favorable coverage for a local behemoth than any other program not on the East or West coasts. I don't watch much news so things could have changed. But what can be said at this point? If Bama has any kind of problem, the vultures will likely circle again.
This almost all the stations in Bham are a joke. I only watch local abc news when Spann is on telling we where the storms are. When the barn had their run you would've thought they won the championship every year.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Well, to a certain extent it was ( although not to the ultimate extent. That was for us! ). The AJC, IMHO, is indeed max supportive of UGA and presents their recruiting efforts in the most positive and optimistic light, pretty much on a consistent basis. I`ve been gone from Alabama for a number of years, so I don`t know if UA receives a similar treatment from any major Alabama paper. Perhaps the Tuscaloosa News ( one would hope! )?
A barner owns the major newspapers in Alabama, so no.

However, newspapers are becoming more irrelevant since the internet...

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
This almost all the stations in Bham are a joke. I only watch local abc news when Spann is on telling we where the storms are. When the barn had their run you would've thought they won the championship every year.
The Barn's propaganda machine (NYTF) has really affected local media by inserting barners in the local radio lineups. Jay Barker never stood up for us, so he was allowed to remain as long as he did...

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Give me a break. Really? You must not live in Alabama, or read an Alabama newspaper. I only wish we had a paper as good as AJC.
Try to find as much sports coverage in any rag printed in our state.
They favor their home teams?
I’m shocked....
No..............I live in Georgia, and the AJC is exactly like I said. Sports coverage is ok, but the AJC is more than just sports coverage. They don't call it the Atlanta Urinal for nothing over here

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Give me a break. Really? You must not live in Alabama, or read an Alabama newspaper. I only wish we had a paper as good as AJC.
Try to find as much sports coverage in any rag printed in our state.
They favor their home teams?
I’m shocked....
Furman Bisher says hello.

If you're not old enough to have personal memory, Google Bisher, Butts, Bryant and Saturday Evening Post.

I was a child, but I remember, and it was nasty.

Within Alabama, the Tuscaloosa News is a homer (no surprise there). No other paper is. We actually count ourselves fortunate when they aren't downright destructive.

They kick Auburn when they're down, and lead cheers when they're up. Frontrunners / bandwagoneers. They nitpick Alabama's imperfections when we're on top, and kick us when we're down. Trying to prove their journalistic objectivity.

For Alabama fans, other than the Tuscaloosa News, it's kind of like waking up three mornings a week to a half-dozen Danny Kannells, doing their best to make us yearn for Beavis and Butthead.

Any wonder why they have one foot in the grave and the other on the proverbial banana peel?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Furman Bisher says hello.

If you're not old enough to have personal memory, Google Bisher, Butts, Bryant and Saturday Evening Post.

I was a child, but I remember, and it was nasty.

Within Alabama, the Tuscaloosa News is a homer (no surprise there). No other paper is. We actually count ourselves fortunate when they aren't downright destructive.

They kick Auburn when they're down, and lead cheers when they're up. Frontrunners / bandwagoneers. They nitpick Alabama's imperfections when we're on top, and kick us when we're down. Trying to prove their journalistic objectivity.

For Alabama fans, other than the Tuscaloosa News, it's kind of like waking up three mornings a week to a half-dozen Danny Kannells, doing their best to make us yearn for Beavis and Butthead.

Any wonder why they have one foot in the grave and the other on the proverbial banana peel?
That didn’t work out too well for the SEP or Bisher....... made him look like a fool

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
ILB is getting very interesting. Vonta Bentley from Bham committed to Clemson recently and Christian Harris from Baton Rouge just committed to A&M. Looks like we are all in on Nakobe Dean and it appears FSU is a real player for him also. It is possible we can flip either Bentley or Harris if need be but it seems we are all in on Dean and ILB is a huge area of need.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
ILB is getting very interesting. Vonta Bentley from Bham committed to Clemson recently and Christian Harris from Baton Rouge just committed to A&M. Looks like we are all in on Nakobe Dean and it appears FSU is a real player for him also. It is possible we can flip either Bentley or Harris if need be but it seems we are all in on Dean and ILB is a huge area of need.
A position of need, indeed! I don`t know about everybody else, but I don`t care for putting all eggs in a single basket. Also don`t want to have to rely on flipping 18 year old`s minds. Anybody else in the hopper? I need to go to the 247 list. I can`t remember all the names.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I saw a lot of recent CB's for Tuitele to Washington and I think we have backed off slightly. Thinking we are in good shape with Ika and Sopsher at DT (would be good if Miami beat LSWho Sat).

Also saw several CB's for Thibodeaux to FSU. Appears they will be a player for him.

Several VIP CB's for Trey Sanders and Clay Webb this week but have no access.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I saw a lot of recent CB's for Tuitele to Washington and I think we have backed off slightly. Thinking we are in good shape with Ika and Sopsher at DT (would be good if Miami beat LSWho Sat).

Also saw several CB's for Thibodeaux to FSU. Appears they will be a player for him.

Several VIP CB's for Trey Sanders and Clay Webb this week but have no access.
Are we in good shape with Dax Hill and Nakobe Dean? UGA worries me with Dean.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Are we in good shape with Dax Hill and Nakobe Dean? UGA worries me with Dean.
I think we are in good shape for both but you never know. I have seen FSU for Dean also and Michigan for Hill.

I did see a premium headline on BOL where Sopsher's dad said Bama has everything his son is looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.