So, Who`s Left on the Board? - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: So, Who`s Left on the Board?

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    The AJC would have one believe otherwise.
    haha the AJC is a joke. Dawg fans have been saying every year is their year. I will try to put together an early 2020 targets thread today or before end of the week.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jambama1 View Post
    haha the AJC is a joke. Dawg fans have been saying every year is their year. I will try to put together an early 2020 targets thread today or before end of the week.
    Well, to a certain extent it was ( although not to the ultimate extent. That was for us! ). The AJC, IMHO, is indeed max supportive of UGA and presents their recruiting efforts in the most positive and optimistic light, pretty much on a consistent basis. I`ve been gone from Alabama for a number of years, so I don`t know if UA receives a similar treatment from any major Alabama paper. Perhaps the Tuscaloosa News ( one would hope! )?

BamaNation All-American

Well, to a certain extent it was ( although not to the ultimate extent. That was for us! ). The AJC, IMHO, is indeed max supportive of UGA and presents their recruiting efforts in the most positive and optimistic light, pretty much on a consistent basis. I`ve been gone from Alabama for a number of years, so I don`t know if UA receives a similar treatment from any major Alabama paper. Perhaps the Tuscaloosa News ( one would hope! )?
    Unless things have changed in the last few years, Bama has even been treated with hostility (e.g., Scarbinsky's bogus, hypocritical and biased, in favor of AU, opinions on Saban's early recruiting and roster mgmt. He was afraid Bama was going to overwhelm AU.) by the larger state papers, especially the Bham News. It does not matter much anymore. Some of the Bham local news TV outlets have also been hostile at times. E.g., the post 2011 incident in N.O., the local Fox outlet hammered Bama for weeks. IMO, it allowed them to divert attention from another Bama NC that they would otherwise have to cover. Bama has probably gotten less favorable coverage for a local behemoth than any other program not on the East or West coasts. I don't watch much news so things could have changed. But what can be said at this point? If Bama has any kind of problem, the vultures will likely circle again.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BamaInBham View Post
    Unless things have changed in the last few years, Bama has even been treated with hostility (e.g., Scarbinsky's bogus, hypocritical and biased, in favor of AU, opinions on Saban's early recruiting and roster mgmt. He was afraid Bama was going to overwhelm AU.) by the larger state papers, especially the Bham News. It does not matter much anymore. Some of the Bham local news TV outlets have also been hostile at times. E.g., the post 2011 incident in N.O., the local Fox outlet hammered Bama for weeks. IMO, it allowed them to divert attention from another Bama NC that they would otherwise have to cover. Bama has probably gotten less favorable coverage for a local behemoth than any other program not on the East or West coasts. I don't watch much news so things could have changed. But what can be said at this point? If Bama has any kind of problem, the vultures will likely circle again.
    This almost all the stations in Bham are a joke. I only watch local abc news when Spann is on telling we where the storms are. When the barn had their run you would've thought they won the championship every year.

BamaNation All-American

A barner owns the major newspapers in Alabama, so no.

However, newspapers are becoming more irrelevant since the internet...
    Last edited by NoNC4Tubs; July 25th, 2018 at 01:05 PM.

BamaNation All-American

This almost all the stations in Bham are a joke. I only watch local abc news when Spann is on telling we where the storms are. When the barn had their run you would've thought they won the championship every year.
    The Barn's propaganda machine (NYTF) has really affected local media by inserting barners in the local radio lineups. Jay Barker never stood up for us, so he was allowed to remain as long as he did...

BamaNation All-SEC

The AJC is like Pravda............

BamaNation Second Team Bamabirdie's Avatar

Big A Re: So, Who`s Left on the Board?

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    The AJC is like Pravda............
    Give me a break. Really? You must not live in Alabama, or read an Alabama newspaper. I only wish we had a paper as good as AJC.
    Try to find as much sports coverage in any rag printed in our state.
    They favor their home teams?
    Iím shocked....

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabirdie View Post
    Give me a break. Really? You must not live in Alabama, or read an Alabama newspaper. I only wish we had a paper as good as AJC.
    I’m shocked....
    No..............I live in Georgia, and the AJC is exactly like I said. Sports coverage is ok, but the AJC is more than just sports coverage. They don't call it the Atlanta Urinal for nothing over here

FB|BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabirdie View Post
    I’m shocked....
    Furman Bisher says hello.

If you're not old enough to have personal memory, Google Bisher, Butts, Bryant and Saturday Evening Post.

I was a child, but I remember, and it was nasty.

Within Alabama, the Tuscaloosa News is a homer (no surprise there). No other paper is. We actually count ourselves fortunate when they aren't downright destructive.

They kick Auburn when they're down, and lead cheers when they're up. Frontrunners / bandwagoneers. They nitpick Alabama's imperfections when we're on top, and kick us when we're down. Trying to prove their journalistic objectivity.

For Alabama fans, other than the Tuscaloosa News, it's kind of like waking up three mornings a week to a half-dozen Danny Kannells, doing their best to make us yearn for Beavis and Butthead.

Any wonder why they have one foot in the grave and the other on the proverbial banana peel?
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Furman Bisher says hello.

If you're not old enough to have personal memory, Google Bisher, Butts, Bryant and Saturday Evening Post.

I was a child, but I remember, and it was nasty.

Within Alabama, the Tuscaloosa News is a homer (no surprise there). No other paper is. We actually count ourselves fortunate when they aren't downright destructive.

They kick Auburn when they're down, and lead cheers when they're up. Frontrunners / bandwagoneers. They nitpick Alabama's imperfections when we're on top, and kick us when we're down. Trying to prove their journalistic objectivity.

For Alabama fans, other than the Tuscaloosa News, it's kind of like waking up three mornings a week to a half-dozen Danny Kannells, doing their best to make us yearn for Beavis and Butthead.

Any wonder why they have one foot in the grave and the other on the proverbial banana peel?
    That didnít work out too well for the SEP or Bisher....... made him look like a fool

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Why do I keep opening this thread expecting recruiting news?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Why do I keep opening this thread expecting recruiting news?
    Wondering the same thing.