So, Who`s Left on the Board? - Page 8
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: So, Who`s Left on the Board?

Saw that we picked up a CB for Trey Sanders. Good news.
    ‘I can’t really say that you’re going to come in here and start. You’ve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays.’ CNS

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MemphisBamaDude View Post
    Saw that we picked up a CB for Trey Sanders. Good news.
    We got more today and we also got another CB for Dax Hill. Looking good on both.

Here is an article with recruiting updates from this weekend plus a little more.

https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2018/7/...f-summer-saban

ILB is getting very interesting. Vonta Bentley from Bham committed to Clemson recently and Christian Harris from Baton Rouge just committed to A&M. Looks like we are all in on Nakobe Dean and it appears FSU is a real player for him also. It is possible we can flip either Bentley or Harris if need be but it seems we are all in on Dean and ILB is a huge area of need.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    ILB is getting very interesting. Vonta Bentley from Bham committed to Clemson recently and Christian Harris from Baton Rouge just committed to A&M. Looks like we are all in on Nakobe Dean and it appears FSU is a real player for him also. It is possible we can flip either Bentley or Harris if need be but it seems we are all in on Dean and ILB is a huge area of need.
    A position of need, indeed! I don`t know about everybody else, but I don`t care for putting all eggs in a single basket. Also don`t want to have to rely on flipping 18 year old`s minds. Anybody else in the hopper? I need to go to the 247 list. I can`t remember all the names.

I saw a lot of recent CB's for Tuitele to Washington and I think we have backed off slightly. Thinking we are in good shape with Ika and Sopsher at DT (would be good if Miami beat LSWho Sat).

Also saw several CB's for Thibodeaux to FSU. Appears they will be a player for him.

Several VIP CB's for Trey Sanders and Clay Webb this week but have no access.

BamaNation All-American

I saw a lot of recent CB's for Tuitele to Washington and I think we have backed off slightly. Thinking we are in good shape with Ika and Sopsher at DT (would be good if Miami beat LSWho Sat).

Also saw several CB's for Thibodeaux to FSU. Appears they will be a player for him.

Several VIP CB's for Trey Sanders and Clay Webb this week but have no access.
    Are we in good shape with Dax Hill and Nakobe Dean? UGA worries me with Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    Are we in good shape with Dax Hill and Nakobe Dean? UGA worries me with Dean.
    I think we are in good shape for both but you never know. I have seen FSU for Dean also and Michigan for Hill.

I did see a premium headline on BOL where Sopsher's dad said Bama has everything his son is looking for.

BamaNation All-American

It would seem DL and LB are huge areas of need given our depth issues.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    It would seem DL and LB are huge areas of need given our depth issues.
    Hoping Bama gets some good ones..................they really do need DL and LB, and I would think that would entice some guys who want early playing time

I see where we got 2 recent CB's for Akeem Dent, 5* CB out of FL that is committed to FSU. With FSU's struggles and seeing Surtain starting has to be working in our favor.

https://247sports.com/Player/Akeem-Dent-92565/

BamaNation All-American

I see where we got 2 recent CB's for Akeem Dent, 5* CB out of FL that is committed to FSU. With FSU's struggles and seeing Surtain starting has to be working in our favor.

https://247sports.com/Player/Akeem-Dent-92565/
    One would think. I know kids go to different schools for different reasons , but one of the reasons they don`t come to Alabama should not be, " You won`t play early " . Anybody with a brain that exceeds the capacity of that of a small mollusk can discern that that`s just not true if you buy in and have the ability.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    One would think. I know kids go to different schools for different reasons , but one of the reasons they don`t come to Alabama should not be, " You won`t play early " . Anybody with a brain that exceeds the capacity of that of a small mollusk can discern that that`s just not true if you buy in and have the ability.
    Yep I agree. We've seen to have had a consistent number of incoming freshmen contributing in either a starting role or regular rotation since what ... the 2012-2013 season? So yeah, CNS has proven that if you can play as a freshman, you will play.