So, Who`s Left on the Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Anybody heard anything about Demetris Robertson from Savannah? Set to announce Saturday. I'm thinking UGA, but he was committed to us at one time before going to Cal.
I have not heard anything. Would love to have him but I'm also thinking UGA. I did see where he has gotten with a media source to produce a commitment video so I guess if you transfer you get a second commitment announcement.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
This would be who I would hope and think we have a good shot at and I'm assuming we are going to have 9-10 spots.

RB
5* Trey Sanders

WR
4* Pickens

OL
5* Clay Webb
5* Darnell Wright

TE
I think we take a big TE but don't really know that will be at this time

DT
5* Ishmael Sopsher or
4* Siaki Ika (he may have moved ahead of 5* Tuitele on our board)

DE/OLB
5* Kayvon Thibodeaux

ILB
5* Nakobe Dean
4* Vonta Bentley

DB
4* Nick Cross
4* Davonte Lee or
4* Jeffrey Carter
5* Daxton Hill (hope we can get him out of OKie but don't think we do)
I really hope Dean comes to Bama. When I read he was more afraid of making a "B" on a grade v. a player, I knew he was a sharp fella and probably a well grounded young man to boot.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
Well, obviously we physically don`t have room for all of these guys, unfortunately, but if we fill out our remaining slots, especially if that includes Sanders, Dean and Webb IMHO, I`m not sure anyone will catch us for # 1 class, however important that might be in reality. Man, that was a long sentence![/QUOTE]

It is the time of year for self-reporting minor violations...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
He reminds me of a quicker/shiftier Ezekial Elliot with Todd Gurley Power/Speed.

He's in that 6'1 200 range with a 4.5 40.

Not big like Henry who was like 6'3-6'4 240.
Thought I saw someone say Sanders weighs 240. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.

At any rate, if he has the qualities you speak of, he'll be good wherever he goes. If he comes to Bama, he could easily be our next Bama RB that wins the Heisman.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
After one or both of the Harris'? :)
Thought I saw someone say Sanders weighs 240. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me.
At any rate, if he has the qualities you speak of, he'll be good wherever he goes. If he comes to Bama, he could easily be our next Bama RB that wins the Heisman.
[/B]

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

You did and that is not right. His profile says he is 6' and 216 lbs. Similar build and style to Kenyan and has good vision and breakaway speed.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Could be thinking of someone else, but I think he wants to study an engineering field (?). Pretty sharp young man.
So did hand before he understand the rigors of engineering and college football. Our engineering dean is exceptional routinely beating out mit and Harvard at robotic competitions. He has got us a few players like hand as well.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The BOL guys continue to say Alabama takes around 28 guys.

Going by the best count I can get, Alabama has 83 scholarship players after the Cowan and Davis news. There are 12 or 13 seniors on the team (Holcombe makes it 13). I don't expect 13 guys to declare early for the draft, so we're going to see some more departures before the 2019 season starts to make room for all of the guys signing.

Now, some of those guys might be asked to either grey or blueshirt. We'll need to keep that in mind.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
So did hand before he understand the rigors of engineering and college football. Our engineering dean is exceptional routinely beating out mit and Harvard at robotic competitions. He has got us a few players like hand as well.
You`d absolutely have to be an EXCEPTIONAL scholar and athlete to negotiate an engineering curriculum AND play major college football. Not saying they`re not out there, but they`re a miniscule minority, I would submit.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Agree 1000000000%...I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying that it's impossible. I watched 3 players walk into our freshman engineering class (one of whom played in and now coaches in the NFL...SUPER smart player and student). They were in there for 3 weeks. Next thing I know, they're in the business school..

Here's one of the main reasons why: Most engineering courses have an accompanying lab that is required for the course. The lab times are almost never the same day or same time slot as the class. So it's like having an extra class. So you're taking a 90 minute class plus a 120 minute lab for 3 hours of credit. And that's just one class. It stinks. So that on top of the fact that being a D1 athlete is basically a full time job.....again...I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying it's impossible.

Chuck is a good salesman though. He's doing what's asked of him.

You`d absolutely have to be an EXCEPTIONAL scholar and athlete to negotiate an engineering curriculum AND play major college football. Not saying they`re not out there, but they`re a miniscule minority, I would submit.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Agree 1000000000%...I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying that it's impossible. I watched 3 players walk into our freshman engineering class (one of whom played in and now coaches in the NFL...SUPER smart player and student). They were in there for 3 weeks. Next thing I know, they're in the business school..

Here's one of the main reasons why: Most engineering courses have an accompanying lab that is required for the course. The lab times are almost never the same day or same time slot as the class. So it's like having an extra class. So you're taking a 90 minute class plus a 120 minute lab for 3 hours of credit. And that's just one class. It stinks. So that on top of the fact that being a D1 athlete is basically a full time job.....again...I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm just saying it's impossible.

Chuck is a good salesman though. He's doing what's asked of him.
I had him for a Numerical Methods class in 1994 when he was in the Engineerig Mechanics department. I had done very little programming and it was a 500 level class. I spent a bunch of time in his office because the class was kicking my butt. He seems like a pretty neat guy.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I had him for a Numerical Methods class in 1994 when he was in the Engineerig Mechanics department. I had done very little programming and it was a 500 level class. I spent a bunch of time in his office because the class was kicking my butt. He seems like a pretty neat guy.
My crew doesn't care too much for him. LOL. When he was named Dean,the first thing he did was dissolve our department (Industrial Engineering). Richard Shelby was cutting checks around that time and they erected a science building in his name (that was less than 15 years ago and the building already looks outdated). And then he created a department that was "encouraged" by Shelby's team to replace the IE department. Something along the lines of Construction Engineering. I didn't care too much. I was trying to get out the door and start my life.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
The BOL guys continue to say Alabama takes around 28 guys.

Going by the best count I can get, Alabama has 83 scholarship players after the Cowan and Davis news. There are 12 or 13 seniors on the team (Holcombe makes it 13). I don't expect 13 guys to declare early for the draft, so we're going to see some more departures before the 2019 season starts to make room for all of the guys signing.

Now, some of those guys might be asked to either grey or blueshirt. We'll need to keep that in mind.
The numbers always work out and people leaving for NFL or other teams every year. We don't know everything about who is or isn't on scholarship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.