So, Who`s Left on the Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I`ve seen everywhere from 5 to 8 slots left. I`m sort of assuming that our current 20 commits are slated for December signings. Just feels like the staff might be trying to lock up as much as they can as early as they can. Does the early signing kind of by default relegate kids that wait to February as " prima donnas " ? I suppose we would wait on the Sopsher`s , K. Thibodeaux`s, and Trey Sanders of the world?

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Some other folks have speculated that this class might end up at 28-29 because of back counting, etc. I think it's safe to say we will end up with at least one departure. Cheney has been mentioned and there always seems to be a late surprise. So... I think we're likely looking at 9-10 new names for the list.

I think we'd be safe to pencil in Clay Webb, Jaylen McCullough and Vonta Bentley. I think it's safe to see we get a safety from the trio of Nick Cross, Cortez Andrews, and Daxton Hill. That basically puts us at 5 more guys. Many think we'll grab Faatui Tuitele, Nakobe Dean, and Trey Sanders. That leaves Darnell Wright, Akeem Dent, Devonta Lee, Kayvon Thibodeaux, and Ishmael Sopsher hanging out there. Gonna be a wild finish.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Some other folks have speculated that this class might end up at 28-29 because of back counting, etc. I think it's safe to say we will end up with at least one departure. Cheney has been mentioned and there always seems to be a late surprise. So... I think we're likely looking at 9-10 new names for the list.

I think we'd be safe to pencil in Clay Webb, Jaylen McCullough and Vonta Bentley. I think it's safe to see we get a safety from the trio of Nick Cross, Cortez Andrews, and Daxton Hill. That basically puts us at 5 more guys. Many think we'll grab Faatui Tuitele, Nakobe Dean, and Trey Sanders. That leaves Darnell Wright, Akeem Dent, Devonta Lee, Kayvon Thibodeaux, and Ishmael Sopsher hanging out. Gonna be a wild finish.
Hope you`re right on the 9-10. That`s a lot of talent on the board.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Even after the signing in December, I think we'll see 2-3 spots open for February signings. So the players holding out to Feb signing probably hope that there's a spot for them...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I think we'd be safe to pencil in Clay Webb, Jaylen McCullough and Vonta Bentley. I think it's safe to see we get a safety from the trio of Nick Cross, Cortez Andrews, and Daxton Hill. That basically puts us at 5 more guys. Many think we'll grab Faatui Tuitele, Nakobe Dean, and Trey Sanders. That leaves Darnell Wright, Akeem Dent, Devonta Lee, Kayvon Thibodeaux, and Ishmael Sopsher hanging out there. Gonna be a wild finish.
The last I saw on McCullough indicated Alabama has moved on to other prospects.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Not sure but pretty sure everyone left are descendants of Bosco "B. A." (Bad Attitude) Baracus - I pity the fool!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This would be who I would hope and think we have a good shot at and I'm assuming we are going to have 9-10 spots.

RB
5* Trey Sanders

WR
4* Pickens

OL
5* Clay Webb
5* Darnell Wright

TE
I think we take a big TE but don't really know that will be at this time

DT
5* Ishmael Sopsher or
4* Siaki Ika (he may have moved ahead of 5* Tuitele on our board)

DE/OLB
5* Kayvon Thibodeaux

ILB
5* Nakobe Dean
4* Vonta Bentley

DB
4* Nick Cross
4* Davonte Lee or
4* Jeffrey Carter
5* Daxton Hill (hope we can get him out of OKie but don't think we do)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
This would be who I would hope and think we have a good shot at and I'm assuming we are going to have 9-10 spots.

RB
5* Trey Sanders

WR
4* Pickens

OL
5* Clay Webb
5* Darnell Wright

TE

DT
5* Ishmael Sopsher or

DE/OLB
5* Kayvon Thibodeaux

ILB
5* Nakobe Dean
4* Vonta Bentley

DB
4* Nick Cross
4* Davonte Lee or
4* Jeffrey Carter
Personally, I`d take any one of this lot. Not a cull in the bunch, IMHO !

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Cowan opened up a slot it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You beat me to it ...

I'm thinking we may get as few as 8 and as many as 10. Either way it goes, we're looking at a pretty impressive class

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

RB
5* Trey Sanders

WR
4* Pickens

OL
5* Clay Webb
5* Darnell Wright

TE

DT
5* Ishmael Sopsher or

DE/OLB
5* Kayvon Thibodeaux

ILB
5* Nakobe Dean
4* Vonta Bentley

DB
4* Nick Cross
4* Davonte Lee or
4* Jeffrey Carter
I'm hoping we have a shot with Akeem Dent down the stretch. There's been no indication from him that we have a real shot, but I've read we're working hard to flip him.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Usually there's 1 that comes out of nowhere. Don't know if that happens this time, but of the 10 or say Jack mentions, man that would be a great finish.

Best class ever signed by Bama?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Usually there's 1 that comes out of nowhere. Don't know if that happens this time, but of the 10 or say Jack mentions, man that would be a great finish.

Best class ever signed by Bama?
If we close with at least 8 of them it would possibly be best ever surpassing '08 and '17. And yes, usually there is one out of nowhere and probably will be again.

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN

RB
5* Trey Sanders

WR
4* Pickens

OL
5* Clay Webb
5* Darnell Wright

TE

DT
5* Ishmael Sopsher or

DE/OLB
5* Kayvon Thibodeaux

ILB
5* Nakobe Dean
4* Vonta Bentley

DB
4* Nick Cross
4* Davonte Lee or
4* Jeffrey Carter
If we somehow pull this list off, it would be the best recruiting class in the history of the program.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
If we somehow pull this list off, it would be the best recruiting class in the history of the program.
Well, obviously we physically don`t have room for all of these guys, unfortunately, but if we fill out our remaining slots, especially if that includes Sanders, Dean and Webb IMHO, I`m not sure anyone will catch us for # 1 class, however important that might be in reality. Man, that was a long sentence!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
The way I'm looking at this is all the players left on our board are 4 or 5 star elite athletes. No matter how many we can take, it's going to be a special class. It's a wonderful time to be a Bama fan! RTR!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Anybody heard anything about Demetris Robertson from Savannah? Set to announce Saturday. I'm thinking UGA, but he was committed to us at one time before going to Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.