More Bad News - Terrell Lewis Tears ACL - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: More Bad News - Terrell Lewis Tears ACL

Simply unreal how this team is snakebit with injuries at LB. At least we have a great coach who seems to find a way to plug up the holes. We'll still be OK on defense if nothing else happens.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    Simply unreal how this team is snakebit with injuries at LB. At least we have a great coach who seems to find a way to plug up the holes. We'll still be OK on defense if nothing else happens.
    True, problem is, we haven`t done very well in the " if nothing else happens " department of late.

Man, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried...

Gotta love TL's attitude though...
    "I have never understood why it is 'greed' to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take the money someone else has earned.”

- Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by PA Tide Fan View Post
    We'll still be OK on defense if nothing else happens.
    Big difference in 'OK' and 'comfortably dominating'. The young secondary needs a vicious front seven, and Lewis was set to have an incredible season - just watch what he did in the CFPCG.

This is a HUGE loss. Bama can recover and still win it all, but this one is tough...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

I admire Saban even more for kicking the other kid off team....knowing the situation with Lewis
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Right??? You know that somehow it will get labeled as "roster management."
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    I admire Saban even more for kicking the other kid off team....knowing the situation with Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderFan View Post
    Ever think maybe these athletes are getting stronger than the ligaments in their bodies? So many advancements in muscle building, are there any in strengthening ligaments and tendons?

Best of luck in recovery Terrell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually, the theory is that the supporting muscles protect the ligaments. That's what conditioning is built around. It's also what the rehab procedure consists of. I had a hamstring graft because, back then, the success rate was much higher than with allografts (cadaver). Now, with athletes, they're nearly all allografts and the kids get back on the field amazingly quickly. Sometimes the mental aspect is much slower to come around...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Was Lewis going to start this season? I thought that was Jennings and Miller.

The artist formerly known as JBama_in_PCOLA

from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Just Monday someone on the radio was saying how “boring” this offseason was and how nothing had happened to talk about at media days next week. I said a word or two and slammed my steering wheel because I knew the jinx was on. Then BAM! Cowan dismissed for assault then TLew goes down!!! So glad we have depth but he was such a beast I was looking forward to seeing on the field again. Best wishes for a quick recovery!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

You can chalk this one up as desperately groping for some semblance of a silver lining, I suppose. At least the timing could have been worse, as in, say, the week before Louisville. The staff can at least plan and extensively rep some people. Not to mention the important aspect of some younger guys having some time to " get their minds right " and prepare psychologically for bigger contributions than might have originally been thought necessary. It`s something, anyway!

BamaNation Second Team

Any idea if this was a full or partial tear?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Tideflyer View Post
    You can chalk this one up as desperately groping for some semblance of a silver lining, I suppose. At least the timing could have been worse, as in, say, the week before Louisville. The staff can at least plan and extensively rep some people. Not to mention the important aspect of some younger guys having some time to " get their minds right " and prepare psychologically for bigger contributions than might have originally been thought necessary. It`s something, anyway!
    Well, yes, but we'll presumably have someone get seriously hurt the week before Louisville, someone get seriously hurt during the Louisville game, and then before and/or during every big game after that. Most will be LBs.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Harmost View Post
    Well, yes, but we'll presumably have someone get seriously hurt the week before Louisville, someone get seriously hurt during the Louisville game, and then before and/or during every big game after that. Most will be LBs.
    Well, it`s certainly really been hard to argue any of what you say !! Maybe we`ll have better fortunes this year. We`re damned sure due !