More Bad News - Terrell Lewis Tears ACL

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
It really stinks to lose such a talented player but we will be fine. Either Moses will play more outside or one of the young guys will just have to develop a little faster. But man, it would be nice to have them while replacing our entire secondary.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Will the new red shirt rule allow him to possibly contribute late in the season and still be granted an additional year?
Upthread there is a post about a Tweet by Cecil Hurt speculating this possibility, with the note that it might not matter because of his pro potential.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Bad to hear...... I would have liked to have seen everyone stay healthy, but Bama has been down this road before...... and I have a feeling that the switch will flip for Davis...... just a feeling, but I think Bama will be ok and the young
players will step up

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With a dismissal of Cowan, Do anyone think Saban looks at graduate transfer for LB? Just to fill the depth?
Your incoming freshmen are probably considerably better than anyone you could get this late as a transfer

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Simply unreal how this team is snakebit with injuries at LB. At least we have a great coach who seems to find a way to plug up the holes. We'll still be OK on defense if nothing else happens.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Simply unreal how this team is snakebit with injuries at LB. At least we have a great coach who seems to find a way to plug up the holes. We'll still be OK on defense if nothing else happens.
True, problem is, we haven`t done very well in the " if nothing else happens " department of late.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
We'll still be OK on defense if nothing else happens.
Big difference in 'OK' and 'comfortably dominating'. The young secondary needs a vicious front seven, and Lewis was set to have an incredible season - just watch what he did in the CFPCG.

This is a HUGE loss. Bama can recover and still win it all, but this one is tough...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Ever think maybe these athletes are getting stronger than the ligaments in their bodies? So many advancements in muscle building, are there any in strengthening ligaments and tendons?

Best of luck in recovery Terrell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, the theory is that the supporting muscles protect the ligaments. That's what conditioning is built around. It's also what the rehab procedure consists of. I had a hamstring graft because, back then, the success rate was much higher than with allografts (cadaver). Now, with athletes, they're nearly all allografts and the kids get back on the field amazingly quickly. Sometimes the mental aspect is much slower to come around...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.