More Bad News - Terrell Lewis Tears ACL

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The conservative treatment your doctor prescribed is just not open to an athlete who wants to continue his athletic career. The question is not even if it's a partial or total tear. The question is whether the knee is unstable or not. Nine out of ten times, the Lachman maneuver they perform at the side of the field (don't see it any more because of the tent) tells the story - surgery or no surgery. And I'd second Tenntiderman - I've had surgery on both shoulders. When they went in my right shoulder, they discovered, despite a normally-functioning shoulder, I had no rotator cuff and hadn't in a long time. Therapy and exercise are the answer...
Yep... Sometimes surgery is the only good answer. Today's athletes are bigger and faster, and put more stress on their joints than we did years ago. T.L. is young and strong, but the ACL is a tough bounce back. ACL recovery takes time... Likely a year. I know, with my bad knees, I'm afraid the current pain on the inside of my left knee may require more than removing Meniscus. They have done that to that knee three times. Next step is a knee replacement that will be complicated by removing Pins, and Screws that have been in place since 1979.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I had surgery on my right shoulder for a rotator. Just don't let that shoulder 'Freeze up'. My surgery was in 2010, and it is much better today, but it still wakes me up at night. My shoulder had bone spurs which began to act like a sawblade. Hopefully yours is not such a case. If it freezes up....the therapy is worse than the surgery. Trust me. Keep exercising that arm. I avoided using mine in thinking that it needed rest. Yours MAY heal, but get therapy anyway. I didn't have a choice. I lost almost 50% tendon strength. Roughest thing I ever dealt with physically. Hopefully yours doesn't have to be that way.
Something's not right if you are still having pain. I've had both done and am painless...work well but I will never pitch in the major leagues. You are correct about keeping it moving and exercising. Also, about 1/3 persons have a hook like bone spur which grows underneath the tendon and slowly saws it off through the years. My left one popped when I hit a nice 5 iron...

Shoulders are complicated and you have to keep them moving...get some hospital rubber tubing and look up the exercises...very easy and you can do them at home.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
This is the time for Ben Davis to poop or get off the pot. He will never have a better opportunity. I hope he shines the physical gifts are there and we need him to step up.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
The conservative treatment your doctor prescribed is just not open to an athlete who wants to continue his athletic career. The question is not even if it's a partial or total tear. The question is whether the knee is unstable or not. Nine out of ten times, the Lachman maneuver they perform at the side of the field (don't see it any more because of the tent) tells the story - surgery or no surgery. And I'd second Tenntiderman - I've had surgery on both shoulders. When they went in my right shoulder, they discovered, despite a normally-functioning shoulder, I had no rotator cuff and hadn't in a long time. Therapy and exercise are the answer...

One on left shoulder and three on the right - and both are still problematic. Therapy and exercise are now the only viable options for me.
As for TL, I just wish him Godspeed in his recovery.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Something's not right if you are still having pain. I've had both done and am painless...work well but I will never pitch in the major leagues. You are correct about keeping it moving and exercising. Also, about 1/3 persons have a hook like bone spur which grows underneath the tendon and slowly saws it off through the years. My left one popped when I hit a nice 5 iron...

Shoulders are complicated and you have to keep them moving...get some hospital rubber tubing and look up the exercises...very easy and you can do them at home.
Yep, get some fairly heavy duty resistance bans and an overhead pulley type device. I have used these fairly regularly since having both shoulders done.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Been looking forward to him since A Day pick 6 last year. Looks like an awesome athlete.

TL pick 6 around 2:30 mark (forgot he changed his last name)

Last edited:

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn

The surgeon cleaned it up very well (my right shoulder...and throwing arm)but he told me that I had a fair amount of arthritus which would likely return. I suspect he was correct. I need to get an MRI done to confirm that I guess. Yet I still get out and try to throw football with the step-grandson. I do some stretches and warmup things. Try to take it easy. Cant do the 50 yd throws anymore. I once could...but I am almost 66 yrs old. THAT fact....plus the surgery is important when diagnosing pain. I cant remember NOT having pain somewhere. The 60's were tough.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.