What was the third Saturday in October like before Fulmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tidegrandpa

All-American
In 60's we hated Tenn, Dickey becme coach in 64 and they became dangerous quick, held us to 7 points and a tie in 65 and beat us three straight in 68,69,70 with a shut out in 70.
My first Bama game was the tie in Legion Field in 65, hard hitting game and they were tough, hated em all my life,

Last edited:

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Had Fulmer stayed in coaching you likely would see his face on the hall of shame along with paterno, briles, durkin, and Meyer for all the stuff he covered up. He would have been exposed nowadays because he couldn’t control himself from being the scumbag he is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Anybody who can remember Doug Dickey as coach in Knoxville will be able to explain the venom. He always hated Bama and we returned the love. So get me another year to GRIN boys!!!! Get #12 boys!!! Wooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL TIDE!! ROLLLL!!!! GO BAMA GO BAMA GO BAMA!!! RAMMER DAMJAMMER GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! I WANT #12 in a ROW Boys!!!!!!!! Uh...Uh....did I mention Go Bama?? :biga2: I hate orange on anything. ANYDAMTHING.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Actively tearing down another person/program in an attempt to lift yourself (or your program) up is not normal, and it is not acceptable. It is antisocial behavior, and it makes people want to disengage. The only way that it can survive is if the acrimony is directed at a common enemy. Right now, Alabama is the common enemy. So even bright people who would never act this way might fall into the trap. But it is a trap. This kind of behavior changes the way that your brain works. It allows you to make excuses for failures in other areas of your life.

TN fans hate Alabama because they are jealous. It really is that simple. But it wasn't always that way. I'm not sure how it got there for them, but until they stop making excuses for their failures, Alabama is going to continue to kick their teeth in on the football field, and they will continue to come up with external excuses for their failure.
I beg to disagree Sir. The dislike for Alabama TRANSCENDS sports. They hate anything Alabama save Gulf Shores. Don't know where you are from..but my bones will rest in Bama dirt.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I beg to disagree Sir. The dislike for Alabama TRANSCENDS sports. They hate anything Alabama save Gulf Shores. Don't know where you are from..but my bones will rest in Bama dirt.
Nothing in this response touches on the subject in my post. :conf3:

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Again I disagree. You suggest that the sport of football has created this environment. It did not. This is existed during the Civil War. I will say that Tide wins are part of the issue. UT fans believe themselves to be superior.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I was around during the early sixties. Nothing you can tell me about Bama vs UT animosity. Seen the best...and certainly the worst. Ever had your tires cut during Christmas season for having the word 'Bama' on your vehicle? I have. Recently btw.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I was around during the early sixties. Nothing you can tell me about Bama vs UT animosity. Seen the best...and certainly the worst. Ever had your tires cut during Christmas season for having the word 'Bama' on your vehicle? I have. Recently btw.
Not sure what this has to do with my post, but I am not telling anyone not to dislike your rivals. Ask me how I feel about Michigan.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
Not sure what this has to do with my post, but I am not telling anyone not to dislike your rivals. Ask me how I feel about Michigan.
You seem to be trying to conduct a class in behavior tendencies. It has everything to do with your post. You used the word 'jealousy', and you seemed to believe it was about wins vs losses in FOOTBALL. My statements are based on living in the South for most of my life, and hearing radio announcers here in Tenn daily slam Alabama the STATE. I completely agree with your synopsis. Just saying that there is a rivalry that goes beyong sports. Been that way since early days EVEN though many of the original Caucasian settlers were native Tennesseans.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You seem to be trying to conduct a class in behavior tendencies. It has everything to do with your post. You used the word 'jealousy', and you seemed to believe it was about wins vs losses in FOOTBALL.
That was not the point of my post, but whatever. Have a nice day.

:cheers2:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I had no idea there was so much hate between the 2 states going back to the Civil War since I thought we were on the same side at the time. I'm not a historian nor was I around during this time but I guess some are/were.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
To me is was a HUGE rivalry growing up in the 80's into the 90's. Bigger to me than the Iron Bowl honestly.

It wasn't nasty and hate filled either but a matchup of the Top 2 All-Time conference teams.It was like Oklahoma/Texas, tOSU/Mich, or even Miami/FSU etc etc.

The winner often had the inside track to some type of Championship and the loser left playing for a lesser Bowl Game.

I wish the game could be what it once was but as long as Fulmer is around it will be a rivalry seething with HATE.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
To me is was a HUGE rivalry growing up in the 80's into the 90's. Bigger to me than the Iron Bowl honestly.

It wasn't nasty and hate filled either but a matchup of the Top 2 All-Time conference teams.It was like Oklahoma/Texas, tOSU/Mich, or even Miami/FSU etc etc.

The winner often had the inside track to some type of Championship and the loser left playing for a lesser Bowl Game.

I wish the game could be what it once was but as long as Fulmer is around it will be a rivalry seething with HATE.
It's sad. I remember when it was that kind of rivalry. I don't think the current crop of fans (maybe not ours either) are capable of that clean rivalry any more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.