Former Freshman All-American a Possible Grad-Transfer for UA

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

It's a 247 VIP article but judging by the picture the player is Walter Brady. He graduated from Middle Tennessee State but played for Coach Kool at Mizzou for his RS Freshman season.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Fine! If Coach K knows him and he and CNS think he can contribute to the front 7, bring him on and welcome! We`ve had enough " subtractions " for one week!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
FWIW, A short article on Brady leaving MTSU. This is from June and Alabama is not mentioned.
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/06/15/ex-missouri-de-walter-brady-transfers-from-mtsu-too/

If we could take a ticking time bomb like Jonathan Taylor, well - nothing in this short article should be an automatic "Veto".....
It is likely he was contacted at the last minute.... and I don't think it's right to compare him to Taylor... given how Taylor situation was messed up... and how it was determined it wasn't his fault. Let's not go there...

If Brady can help the team and stay out of trouble, I'm all for it.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am not sure that he is going to help Alabama much. He was pretty average in HS, had a single great year at Mizzou, and has been pretty average since.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I am not sure that he is going to help Alabama much. He was pretty average in HS, had a single great year at Mizzou, and has been pretty average since.
the difference here is that he is coming back to be coach by Coach Kool a familiar face that brought out the best in him. and this isn't MTSU, its Alabama where he is surrounded by a stellar group of studs. he is a warm body with experienced and just what the doctor ordered.
if CNS wants him, I'm all in.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Hopefully this is a positive addition.

You won’t get the warm and fuzzies if you go read any MTSU forums right now though.

Based on that information Coach Cochran will be a huge deciding factor on if this works out.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
It is likely he was contacted at the last minute.... and I don't think it's right to compare him to Taylor... given how Taylor situation was messed up... and how it was determined it wasn't his fault. Let's not go there...
Doggone - from the jersey number, the general exuberance of his body language and some physical resemblance in the photo with that article, thought the comparison to "Taylor" was LT, Lawrence Taylor....

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Lots of players were pretty average in high school and turned into studs when in the right situation. Heck, as I'm sure you know Mark Ingram was a 3*. Granted, I doubt the coaching staff is recruiting this guy with high expectations. He's probably being recruited more as a vehicle for adding an extra body for depth. If that's the case it doesn't matter if he's average or not, landing an average player is better than nothing.

aldo

BamaNation Citizen
May 8, 2010
I trust the staff in determining if he would be a help to the team. It is not up to us fans to judge who plays for the Tide.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.