Last Chance U (College-Football Related) New Season Starts On The 20th

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
These kids need better mentors. You can’t teach what you don’t know, and this coach doesn’t seem to know much. After listening to a Saban speech, I want to run through walls, and show him (and myself) what I can achieve. Listening to coach Brown makes me lose a little faith in humanity. A bit of salty language doesn’t bother me, but just like salt, too much ruins the dish.

Sadly, most of these kids are too far behind academically and have resigned themselves to either football or prison that they cannot conceive of a life outside either of those two fates.

tidefan39817

All-American
Jan 17, 2006
Bainbridge, Georgia
i'm just kind of wondering two things.
1) does winning really trump the way this guy acts?
2) when will they get a program that has a coach that actually cares about the players?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
If he keeps winning, then it may not matter if he's the worst coach or not. He has a track records of turning around the program. His personality is little rough, because of his background. Clean up his mouth and pay little more attention to offensive plays and he can be real good. He's more of a fit for smaller programs.. so I don't think he'll be at ICC after this fall.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If he keeps winning, then it may not matter if he's the worst coach or not. He has a track records of turning around the program. His personality is little rough, because of his background. Clean up his mouth and pay little more attention to offensive plays and he can be real good. He's more of a fit for smaller programs.. so I don't think he'll be at ICC after this fall.
Mike Shula - winning covers everything, but have just one bad season with this kind of overhead and you get canned.

Lost in TN

1st Team
Sep 20, 2009
Collierville, TN
To me the saddest part was where the English teacher asked the kid, "tell me something that makes you special". He could not name 1 thing. Poor kid has Zero self esteem.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
To me the saddest part was where the English teacher asked the kid, "tell me something that makes you special". He could not name 1 thing. Poor kid has Zero self esteem.
I saw that and was touched the same way you were. After you see the English teacher it is quickly apparent who can have the greatest positive impact on these kids lives.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
The antidote for the East Mississippi and Indpendence CC coaches is the film Undefeated (on Netflix). Coach volunteers at an inner city Memphis school, with a terrible tradition of failure on the field and turns them around.
He cares about his kids. He makes them better players and better men.
Restores your faith in this sport.

Last edited:

beardensdaman44

All-SEC
Mar 7, 2006
The antidote for the East MIssissippi and Indpendence CC coaches is the film Undefeated (on Netflix). Coach volunteers at an inner city Memphis school, with a terrible tradition of failure on the field and turns them around.

THIS. EXTREMELY GOOD documentary.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
thx for that suggestion.. though i enjoyed the first 2 seasons of last chance U, going to check out Undefeated..

The antidote for the East MIssissippi and Indpendence CC coaches is the film Undefeated (on Netflix). Coach volunteers at an inner city Memphis school, with a terrible tradition of failure on the field and turns them around.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just added it to my list. HoF game tonight. Football is back.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Never heard of this one. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the information.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Just added it to my list. HoF game tonight. Football is back.
I just watched it last night and it's a very good documentary.

I've got the HOF game on now too...lol

RGIII is looking pretty good for the Ravens!!! I had no idea he was completely out of the NFL last year?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The antidote for the East Mississippi and Indpendence CC coaches is the film Undefeated (on Netflix). Coach volunteers at an inner city Memphis school, with a terrible tradition of failure on the field and turns them around.
Love the way that this is starting : "Football does not build character, it reveals character." Preaching about playing football to win, but not putting football above everything else.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Love the way that this is starting : "Football does not build character, it reveals character." Preaching about playing football to win, but not putting football above everything else.
Mrs. Tidewater saw a news story out of Memphis and three of these young men went on to college (1 to UT-Jackson and 2 to Sou Miss since transferred to Austin Peay). This coach had an effect. A positive effect.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.