Last Chance U (College-Football Related) New Season Starts On The 20th
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Last Chance U (College-Football Related) New Season Starts On The 20th

Just wanted to first give the heads up that this was starting next week. Also wanted to hear opinions on the fact that this is moving to a new school, Independence Community College, in Kansas. I know the world does not revolve around the South, but part of the draw to me was the fact that East Mississippi was so close to home, had players we had all heard about in the SEC. Many made their way from East Mississippi to SEC or at least other southern schools. Don't get me wrong. I will still watch and enjoy this time, I am sure. But I will miss the story coming out of Scooba. I won't miss their loud-mouthed coach, though.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended

Re: Last Chance U (College-Football Related) New Season Starts On The 20th

Quote Originally Posted by RedWave View Post
    Just wanted to first give the heads up that this was starting next week. Also wanted to hear opinions on the fact that this is moving to a new school, Independence Community College, in Kansas. I know the world does not revolve around the South, but part of the draw to me was the fact that East Mississippi was so close to home, had players we had all heard about in the SEC. Many made their way from East Mississippi to SEC or at least other southern schools. Don't get me wrong. I will still watch and enjoy this time, I am sure. But I will miss the story coming out of Scooba. I won't miss their loud-mouthed coach, though.
    I've never watched the show, but my understanding is that there are quite a few schools in the same "Business" - so they could probably move to a different campus every year......

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

This is an interesting program because it gets into the minds of these guys who had previously been treated like they could do no wrong, and now find themselves faced with real world consequences for their actions. Work hard and get good grades or watch your dreams slip away. Sadly, few put in the work even when faced by this realization. Old habits die hard.

Friday Night Tykes gives the casual football fan an idea how these guys can become so egocentric. They are pushed very hard at a young age, but they are also treated differently than their non-athletic peers.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    This is an interesting program because it gets into the minds of these guys who had previously been treated like they could do no wrong, and now find themselves faced with real world consequences for their actions. Work hard and get good grades or watch your dreams slip away. Sadly, few put in the work even when faced by this realization. Old habits die hard.

Friday Night Tykes gives the casual football fan an idea how these guys can become so egocentric. They are pushed very hard at a young age, but they are also treated differently than their non-athletic peers.

That show is something else. IMHO, there`s something seriously wrong with some of those folks, and I`m not talking about the kids.

BamaNation First Team

I think that another season at EMCC would have been a disappointment. The only redeeming characters in the show - Britney Wagner and Marcus Wood - left the program and there's only so much Buddy Stephens you can take. It's probably a good thing his players are only there two years.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by lowend View Post
    I think that another season at EMCC would have been a disappointment. The only redeeming characters in the show - Britney Wagner and Marcus Wood - left the program and there's only so much Buddy Stephens you can take. It's probably a good thing his players are only there two years.
    Oh, I agree on that. Ms Wagner was definitely a draw to the show because she had so much passion for what she was doing and really had a way of communicating with those kids. I am sure, though, that the same will be true of whoever Netflix chooses to feature at the new school as well. I am sure that we will also connect as viewers to some of the players. The producers will find a way of making it a compelling show to those of us who would be interested in such things. I just wish it was another school where we might see some potential Alabama players tell their story in the show.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Never really cared for the show. Just seemed like Two-A-Days with more over the top people. It may be more interesting for them going to a bottom feeder programs instead of the best programs.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-American

Should still be about the same minus the jerk coach. .iirc they added some D1/SEC prospects to their roster before the season started.

BamaNation All-American

I wouldn't watch another season of that jerk Stephens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

I think the last season was such a downer, I'm not surprised that the coach declined to sign up for another season and the series moved on from Scooba. The best character (the female guidance counsellor, who appeared tp really care for these young men and want the best for them) has also moved on from Scooba.

I saw the trailer and it looks more upbeat.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

3 episodes in and I am just as disappointed in this head coach as the last. He talks down to his players and coaches, and every other word out of his mouth is a curse word. There is a ton of talent on the team so I expect that they will win a bunch of games, but it will not be because they have a good leader as their head coach.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    3 episodes in and I am just as disappointed in this head coach as the last. He talks down to his players and coaches, and every other word out of his mouth is a curse word. There is a ton of talent on the team so I expect that they will win a bunch of games, but it will not be because they have a good leader as their head coach.
    Same. Im on ep 4...he's an embarrassment

BamaNation All-American

I forgot how sad these stories make me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk