Air-Jordan brand FOOTBALL uniforms???

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
We know Nike provides the university athletic gear for free. They also pay the schools rather well. The more the schools are on TV the more the school makes. We are very visible and when our current contract ends, I imagine we'll load up with a lot of cash! Nike,Adidas and Under Armor are in a very competitive market and advertising is there conduit to sales success.
I'm sure Nike would like us to wear "alternative" unis but Coach Saban won't allow it!
Nike has made a thousand FORTUNES off Alabama. I hate to impugn anyone involved, but Alabama ALWAYS accepts FAR LESS than other comparable programs, and it's often by a factor of 2-3 TIMES. And it's been that way since we first signed on to pimp the swoosh back in the 90's.

Just do a computer search and you'll see many schools getting VASTLY more from Nike, Adidas, Udder-Armor, etc. What UA gets is a pittance in comparison.

MAYBE this next time the contract will be different. I sure hope so.......
:(

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
We've worn "Alternative" uniforms a couple times, and IMO it's sucked every single time. Thankfully, we haven't (Yet) been stuck with an outright CLOWN COSTUME the way a few schools have.

I have this jersey. Alabama wore it against Miss in 2006 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of CPB's 315th win.

The 2006 event was PARTICULARLY Disappointing. Barn fans had a FIELD DAY laughing, because the actual 315th win was on Nov. 28, 1981 against aubarn in the Iron Bowl. And it was TRANSPARENTLY OBVIOUS why we weren't wearing a "Special Costume" to play aub - and instead did it against MSU........ :(

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We've worn "Alternative" uniforms a couple times, and IMO it's sucked every single time. Thankfully, we haven't (Yet) been stuck with an outright CLOWN COSTUME the way a few schools have.

The 2006 event was PARTICULARLY Disappointing. Barn fans had a FIELD DAY laughing, because the actual 315th win was on Nov. 28, 1981 against aubarn in the Iron Bowl. And it was TRANSPARENTLY OBVIOUS why we weren't wearing a "Special Costume" to play aub - and instead did it against MSU........ :(
I believe it was Ole Miss, not MSU. Either way, the jersey was the perfect tribute to CPB. Subtle, but meaningful.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Nike has made a thousand FORTUNES off Alabama. I hate to impugn anyone involved, but Alabama ALWAYS accepts FAR LESS than other comparable programs, and it's often by a factor of 2-3 TIMES. And it's been that way since we first signed on to pimp the swoosh back in the 90's.

Just do a computer search and you'll see many schools getting VASTLY more from Nike, Adidas, Udder-Armor, etc. What UA gets is a pittance in comparison.

MAYBE this next time the contract will be different. I sure hope so.......
:(
I think the UofA has made millions if not billions off of price gouging their fans off the Nike deal. The University is the Disney of college football. All fun and excitement with a quality product but greedy as sin. Seriously look at how the tailgate prices, weird licensing deals, and the addition of the new “book store” in the past year. When you are saying everything in houndstooth, script A or not, is licensed by the university you are greedy. True story.

Point is, why you keep pointing at Nike as being greedy, the university is just as if not more greedy as Nike on that deal.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think the UofA has made millions if not billions off of price gouging their fans off the Nike deal. The University is the Disney of college football. All fun and excitement with a quality product but greedy as sin. Seriously look at how the tailgate prices, weird licensing deals, and the addition of the new “book store” in the past year. When you are saying everything in houndstooth, script A or not, is licensed by the university you are greedy. True story.

Point is, why you keep pointing at Nike as being greedy, the university is just as if not more greedy as Nike on that deal.
It's not just Alabama. OSU, for example, is just as guilty of bleeding its fans at every turn. We don't have a "Daniel Moore" or we would likely have done the same thing there.

In states like Alabama and Ohio, you have to make money where you can. I get it, but I feel for the fans who can't afford it.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama

Hey - I TOTALLY AGREE that UA is Ruthlessly greedy and never misses a chance to squeeze another Dime out of Alums and Fans!!! One of THE greediest organizations I've every dealt with.

And that's what makes these several decades of Nike Contracts so PUZZLING. The University ALWAYS seems to take LESS on these deals than other major schools, and it seems bizarre, IMO...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.