Useful DIY VIDEOs thread.....

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I've had good luck with this setting posts. Cheap too. No mixing.

• A special blend of fast-setting cements, sand and gravel designed to set hard in approximately 20 to 40 minutes
  • When setting a post simply pour out of the bag into the hole and add water (no mixing required)
  • Suitable for setting post and pouring slabs when rapid return to service is required

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I’ve looked into this stuff. Got a deck to rebuild. Won’t work for that. Fence posts and the like only.
Thanks, Dub! I've put my share of 4x4's in the ground both with and without Quikrete, and most of the time I didn't use the Quikrete because it was too much a PITA, even though as Seebell pointed out...it's not all that bad.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
On my long range to-do list is restoring my faithful 2002 Silverado work truck, which now has 217K miles. She is still going strong but needs a bunch of TLC to bring her back to the condition she so much deserves.

A partial list includes body work, interior work, new bed liner, lighting/electronics, and wheel restoration. I'm even missing a lf hubcap!

So here are a couple videos I was looking at with some useful information:

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
On my long range to-do list is restoring my faithful 2002 Silverado work truck, which now has 217K miles. She is still going strong but needs a bunch of TLC to bring her back to the condition she so much deserves.

A partial list includes body work, interior work, new bed liner, lighting/electronics, and wheel restoration. I'm even missing a lf hubcap!

So here are a couple videos I was looking at with some useful information:

I have a relatively low miles 1994 F150 4x4 that I purchased new off the lot. I have had the HD transmission rebuilt and just had the 302 engine replaced with a rebuilt engine from Grooms engines in Nashville. It is all new under the hood. I am planning to rebuild the front end put on new rubber and then will look at new paint. It is a heck of a lot better truck than what I can pay $50k for today.

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
I have a relatively low miles 1994 F150 4x4 that I purchased new off the lot. I have had the HD transmission rebuilt and just had the 302 engine replaced with a rebuilt engine from Grooms engines in Nashville. It is all new under the hood. I am planning to rebuild the front end put on new rubber and then will look at new paint. It is a heck of a lot better truck than what I can pay $50k for today.
I also have a 94 F-150 That was my daily driver for years. I still use it for the tough jobs. I'm at 282,940 miles. My wife says "One of these days that thing is going to leave you stranded" to which I reply when it does I'll fix it. I'm still waiting...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I also have a 94 F-150 That was my daily driver for years. I still use it for the tough jobs. I'm at 282,940 miles. My wife says "One of these days that thing is going to leave you stranded" to which I reply when it does I'll fix it. I'm still waiting...
There's just something about a truck.

Like your best friend at times......:wink:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I just picked up some speakers I will be installing outside so I can pipe my tunes through to my whole front yard while work I on my projects. They just came today and seem to be pretty high quality all things considered. Around $80 from Amazon.....

My neighbors are in a for a treat! :GUITAR_LEFT:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Anyone ever brine their chicken before cooking? Looks interesting.

I'm going to bake some today and will use Panko coating. Looks like the cayenne pepper is the key to get that spicy Popeye's effect.

tidegrandpa

All-American
I just picked up some speakers I will be installing outside so I can pipe my tunes through to my whole front yard while work I on my projects. They just came today and seem to be pretty high quality all things considered. Around $80 from Amazon.....

My neighbors are in a for a treat! :GUITAR_LEFT:

These have lasted on my deck in salt spray, Hurricane Harve, and hard rains for 8 years, still going strong.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Been a while since posting here but was just watching one by a YT fav. of mine who I have been following for many years because he does such a great job with his productions.

This one is on chainsaw sharpening by hand with a file.

I have used various methods over the years and even have one by Oregon that has to be over 15 years old that uses a grinding wheel on a pivot arm. Lately I have been using my Dremel with a guide that screws on which I like when I'm in a hurry.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I'm reading a vintage paperback right now that has unfortunately split in two on me. I could purchase a replacement (they are listed on eBay) but I'd hate to throw mine away and then would have two of them, so I've decided to go the repair route.

I looked at a few YT videos........but so far I like this one the best, although it doesn't exactly address my repair, I can modify the technique shown to get the job done.

Multiple brownie points for:

1. First and foremost...the classic Led Zeppelin tee shirt!
2. No annoying narration!
3. Very accommodating speed - especially love the filing part around the 7 min. mark
4. Awesome sound effects (note the location of the mic to capture it all!) and even a little jazz here and there
5. The tools and how well he handles them.....respect! :p

Wish all DIY vids were like this one.

Now off to get supplies......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.