Useful DIY VIDEOs thread.....

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I always called that head style-- bugle head. Wrong again!:frown:

I use deck screws for just about everything. Used drywall screws for interior jobs like flooring but I got tired of the heads breaking off.

I use Grabber Deck screws. Even for drywall. Galvanized with a ceramic coating. Much better than plain galvanized. Built my deck 25 years ago and they have barely begun to rust. Cheaper than stainless steel.
Very interesting about the Canadian screws.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I've been doing a few things at my Mom's house to help her in the bathroom. Yesterday I outfitted her toilet with one of those raised seats with handles and also put a seat inside her shower stall. Tomorrow I will be installing three grab bars in her shower stall. She has tile so I will be following the procedure shown in the video below. As noted in the comments section - he should have applied the template on the tile - before installing the Wingits - to ensure a more waterproof seal. Otherwise it's a pretty good DIY vid.

I'm also going to install a hand-held shower and one of the grab bars has a holder for it. Will post pics afterwards.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
^^^ Job came out good. I ended up forgoing the Wingits and just used some heavy load 5/16" anchors and fasteners. After the grab bars were installed, I pulled on them with all my might and they did not budge so it should work just fine for my Mom. I don't see her even pulling hard on them at all but mostly using them for balance and some leverage in her movements.

I got all my supplies from HD.....and only had to go back 2 times. :D

Two of the grab bars have a peened surface for better grip-age. The third, which I mounted vertical, has a bracket on it to hold her hand held shower head.

Had Mom test everything out and she loved it. 96 years old next month.......:wink:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Hooray for You Tube!

I just acquired a couple new wet suits and decided I needed some new hangers for them. Didn't see anything I liked from the usual online merchants so did a YT search and sure enough.......

Not sure I will follow his procedure exactly but the use of PVC is absolutely genius. The rest of it is cake.

The guy could use a bigger saw....and pair of scissors......lol.....

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
Hey Bazza, I did something similar with PVC. I actually made mine in the shape of hanger with a PVC "T" in the middle and a 45 at each end angled down. On top of the "T" I put a PVC cap, drilled a hole, and then put a large metal hook through it so I could hang it on a rack. The 45's at each end kind of followed the natural slope of the wetsuit shoulders. Rather than draping your wetsuit over the PVC, you hang them like a shirt and it keeps the top open a little more allowing for pretty good air circulation.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Hey Bazza, I did something similar with PVC. I actually made mine in the shape of hanger with a PVC "T" in the middle and a 45 at each end angled down. On top of the "T" I put a PVC cap, drilled a hole, and then put a large metal hook through it so I could hang it on a rack. The 45's at each end kind of followed the natural slope of the wetsuit shoulders. Rather than draping your wetsuit over the PVC, you hang them like a shirt and it keeps the top open a little more allowing for pretty good air circulation.
That's an even better idea.....I didn't want to drape them folded over either. Thank you Mr. Usso!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Fixing up my flag pole and just bought one of these for it. Only $30 on Amazon. I always had a spot light shining up from the ground but I think this method is a better way to do it. I'm putting an Eagle on top of mine......instead of that dumb looking ball.....:p

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Update on the flagpole upgrade project. Ended up having to replace the truck at the top. Finally got everything I needed today. Heading outside right now to install everything. Pics will follow at some point. For now, here's a nice video showing how to tie off your halyard......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I have to say....seeing Old Glory flying above my property gave me a sense of patriotism I haven't experienced in quite a while.

In fact, as soon as I got her up - I immediately started thinking of how I could upgrade with a taller pole and larger flag. That says something right there. This one is approx. 17' in height with a 4'x6' flag so it's no pee wee or anything.

Here are a few pics.....the old truck & eagle which was impossible to remove, the new setup all assembled and ready to go, and a few pics of Old Glory.....proudly flying above Bazzaland. I included one pic with the flash off so you could get an idea of how the light worked. Of course everything looks better with the naked eye.

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4174.jpg

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.