Useful DIY VIDEOs thread.....

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Darn good ideas right there. How many times have I struggled to find the proper slot locations?

That guy made it easy peasy.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Recentl had to learn to solder pipe. Jacked up a delta faucet trying to replace the seats. Was original, dome had cemented itself into place and I turned too hard on this one, the third out of four that needed fixing. Turned the water to the house back on and it was leaking into the wall behind the shower. Plumber came out and said he could fix it without detroying tile and was going to get parts. He never made it back. Went to Lowe’s, bought some ball valves and by the grace of God soldered them into the lines going up to the shower. Now I’m minus one shower until I get it fixed, but at least we have running water and I learned a new skill. 

This video was infinitely useful for getting the technique right.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Sorry about the music - this seems to be a compilation from other videos on YT so the "greatest hits" so to speak....

I usually don't leave the rind on when I cut mine up but guess it's an option worth considering.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I just ordered a gallon of this product from Amazon (free ship/Prime) and it will be here on Saturday. I'm always working on things that need help with corrosion, rust, etc. and have used several products in the past such as Ospho and Vinegar to name just two, but am curious to see how this one works out.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
My penmanship used to be beautiful and legible. Now about the only thing I write is my name. My handwriting is terrible. Not going to watch the video though.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
My penmanship used to be beautiful and legible. Now about the only thing I write is my name. My handwriting is terrible. Not going to watch the video though.
Mine has gotten worse with age.
I am going to work on improving my hand writing - both printing and in cursive. It's something I've always noticed and admired when done well. Mine is pretty good when printing but my cursive is a bit inconsistent.

I recently went through a fair amount of old personal memorabilia - including about two full shoe boxes of hand written letters and other misc correspondence. It got me thinking about the days when we wrote letters instead of email and texting. I miss it and am going to start doing it again. Some of the stuff in these letters I saved are priceless. Of course a lot of it is because of my youth and the youth of those I corresponded with. Not unlike a time capsule, you know?

I find YT to be an incredible resource. Another useful video on improving handwriting skills.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Just now finished a postcard to a buddy in Oregon who just went through a hip replacement. All going well but he'll get a postcard from me wishing him well. Then my Mom's n/d neighbor passed away so sending his wife (now widow) a nice sympathy card.

Handwriting could use some improvement and today reminds me of the reason I need to work on it.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.