GA cops arrest girl on coin flip

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://abc13.com/video-shows-cops-using-coin-flip-to-decide-whether-to-arrest/3759452/

watch the video, nowhere near as bad as it sounds and that article leaves out the fact that the officer chased her down a 45 MPH road, in the rain at over 80 MPH to catch up to her. This was reckless driving and it is a road I drive. The coin toss was unprofessional and stupid but the driver was deserving a ticket. If anything she got better odds from it than she should have

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
http://abc13.com/video-shows-cops-using-coin-flip-to-decide-whether-to-arrest/3759452/

watch the video, nowhere near as bad as it sounds and that article leaves out the fact that the officer chased her down a 45 MPH road, in the rain at over 80 MPH to catch up to her. This was reckless driving and it is a road I drive. The coin toss was unprofessional and stupid but the driver was deserving a ticket. If anything she got better odds from it than she should have
Yeah, at least she had a 50/50 chance of getting off for doing something dangerous and stupid. She has nothing to complain about.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Yeah, at least she had a 50/50 chance of getting off for doing something dangerous and stupid. She has nothing to complain about.
that's where I am. Might be biased as it is a road I drive often but I'd love those odds getting caught doing the same

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
that's where I am. Might be biased as it is a road I drive often but I'd love those odds getting caught doing the same
My issue is that this charge got tossed out because a moment of stupidity by the police. She should’ve been treated like they called it as which was a high risk traffic stop. Which translates to “ you are going to jail”.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
http://www.newser.com/story/262540/cops-in-coin-flip-arrest-are-fired.html

Cops' Infamous Coin Toss Costs Them Their Jobs

Heads, you get fired. Tails ... you get fired. Two police officers seen using a coin-flip app to determine whether to arrest a woman pulled over for speeding in Georgia have lost their jobs. Courtney Brown and Kristee Wilson failed to perform at an "acceptable level" in engaging in conduct "which adversely affects the efficiency of the department and has a tendency to destroy public respect," Roswell Police Chief Rusty Grant wrote in a Thursday termination letter, reports NBC News.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Agree with the decision to fire them - to arbitrarily enforce the law like that is ridiculous.

But I agree she had nothing to complain about.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.