Anyone here on Medicare and if so are you on a Humana advantage plan - or similar?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Thanks and I agree.

I do plan to get a checkup at some point before the year is out.

Typically though I've never had annual checkups, etc. I know I've been fortunate and every dog has it's day - or Gator in my case. :p

Sorry to hear of the kidney disease, Moro. :( Hang in there, buddy.....
Go get established with someone then get you one of those "welcome to medicare" visits done.

https://www.medicare.gov/information-for-my-situation/your-welcome-to-medicare-preventive-visit

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Bazza, you ask why I like Florida Blue better than Humana. I have a little better rate (co-pay) with Florida Blue, and their network of doctors seem to me to be much better. Case in point. My wife has Florida Blue and just had her first knee replacement this week. We were able to use the UF Orthopedic Institute and Shands Cancer hospital in Gainesville for her surgery because they were in the network. I have not checked to see if I could do the same with Humana, but I think we would probably have had to use Ocala Regional, a great hospital, but not as good as Shands.
Pretty much across the board Blue is heads and shoulders above most others, even though they have slipped in recent years.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
All kidding aside, Bazz, considering your years doing outside, physical work you should see a dermatologist at least once a year, as for the orthopedist, I would not worry too much unless you start having issues.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Well......today I had my physical exam and according to the folks doing the tests, I did pretty good. I should have asked for a written copy of the diagnostics before leaving - and maybe it's in my portal. I thought they'd give it to me anyway but I guess not.

I am going to get a colonoscopy and I also have to get some blood tests.

With my Humana plan I am required to get 2 exams per year so I already have another one scheduled for next June. My APRN is beautiful with a wonderful personality so I'm not complaining! ;)

The exam receipt shows $235 for the exam and another $200 for a doppler single handheld with interpretation test for a total of $435 and my cost was only $5. Hard to beat that!

Will post more as appropriate --- so far so good!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.