Coach Saban has a great record in Championship games.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
We already know this but I had not run the numbers lately.

Coach Saban has a 6-1 (.857) record in National Championship games.

Coach Saban has a 7-1 (.875) record in SEC championship games.

That is amazing.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I know it's football, but the one NC he lost he did so at the very end with what many believe was an illegal play.

For the record, I didn't have a problem with it, because all teams run it and usually get away with it. I think our offense's failure to stay on the field and make first days cost us that game.

On the loss in the SECCG, we got Tebow's best game of his career. Got beat fair and square in that game, but the next year we got our revenge!

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I know it's football, but the one NC he lost he did so at the very end with what obviously was an illegal play.

For the record, I didn't have a problem with it, because all teams run it and usually get away with it. I think our offense's failure to stay on the field and make first days cost us that game.

On the loss in the SECCG, we got Tebow's best game of his career. Got beat fair and square in that game, but the next year we got our revenge!
FIFY.

Just because a lot of people, or teams, get away with cheating doesn't change the fact that it is cheating.

I do fault our offensive staff in that game for not, once it was realized that pick plays were being ignored by the refs, taking advantage of that willful ignorance by running blatant pick plays of our own.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
FIFY.

Just because a lot of people, or teams, get away with cheating doesn't change the fact that it is cheating.

I do fault our offensive staff in that game for not, once it was realized that pick plays were being ignored by the refs, taking advantage of that willful ignorance by running blatant pick plays of our own.
Not saying you, but I think we look like whiners when we use that logic. It shouldn't have come down to that play, but if we would have used that play to score and win the game, we wouldn't say that.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I know it's football, but the one NC he lost he did so at the very end with what many believe was an illegal play.

This^^

Agree about our failures in the 2017/18 NC game, and agree about the 2009 SECC game.

There have only been a few times in the Saban era when I've really felt that we played every BIT as good as we possibly COULD have played, and the other guys were just better that day. The 2009 SECC Game was one of those rare occasions. We just didn't have the "Horses" to hang with them for 4 quarters.

And FWIW, the 2014 P_ayoff game loss to Ohio $tate wasn't far from it...... Even though there were far to many simple mental mistakes in that game to say we played "every bit" as well as we could have - the fact is, we MADE the mistakes and O$U didn't, and they were the better team that night.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.