Link: Young man walks 20 miles for first day at work

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
This is only partially related: Last summer, I was automotively challenged and was having to walk to work (only 1.1 mile). In Atlanta heat, that is a miserable walk. Two separate times my African immigrant neighbors saw me trudging and stopped to offer me a lift. This was the closest thread to say that I am grateful.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
This is only partially related: Last summer, I was automotively challenged and was having to walk to work (only 1.1 mile). In Atlanta heat, that is a miserable walk. Two separate times my African immigrant neighbors saw me trudging and stopped to offer me a lift. This was the closest thread to say that I am grateful.
I have three close African immigrant friends, one from the west and a couple from Kenya. They are some of the hardest-working, ambitious people I know...

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
I have three close African immigrant friends, one from the west and a couple from Kenya. They are some of the hardest-working, ambitious people I know...
No kidding. When I worked for Merck, they hired several African immigrants in the distribution center. Ivory Coast, Senegal, Togo. Very hard-working people. One of them had left one country due to genocide, only to end up in Sierra Leone as a refugee, and facing more genocide. He found a way here. I salute anyone who goes thru such hardships to make a better life for themselves and their families.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Awesome story. The young man "found a way" to overcome the obstacle and still accomplish the task at hand. Also kudos to those who interacted with him, realized the situation and provided what help they could.

The world needs more of "this" just sayin...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I saw this story on the local news this morning here in Philly. Such a contrast to some of my fellow co-workers who act like the company's sole reason to exist is to provide them a paycheck.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.