SEC Teams as Classic Rock Bands

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I saw the Car thread -- and didn't really agree, but I'm also not "super car guy" - so I'm mostly taking people's words for it....

I was wondering how we would view SEC Teams as Classic Rock Bands.....I struggled a little to figure that out, except one....

Tennessee would be The Grateful Dead. They always sell out, had virtually zero hits, and no one really cares about them, except their faithful groupies.

What say you?

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I was thinking that -- or possibly AC/DC -- where we can change lead singers and still win ;)

Georgia (to me) would be The Moody Blues -- one hit every 10-15 years -- and yet feel like they deserved to be in the Hall of Fame 20 years ago

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Kinda hard to do just classic rock with all 14 teams. So I’ll try to make it without modern rock (10-present) bands.

Bama- Metallica: powerful, strong, and methodical

Auburn- the Offspring: loud, good, but always is in the running for third place

LSU- Alice In Chains : once was great but change has hurt them to the point where the only people who go see them just do it out of respect for who they once were

Ole Miss- Rockstar Super nova: you buy talent for a year but it was a flash in a pan that never meant anything

MSU- blue oyster cult: cowbell

ATM- Collective Soul- lots of hits, but always on the edge of greatness.

Arkansas- Motörhead- a lot of noise, but little to show for it when it’s all said and done.

Florida- Nirvana- a program that came screaming into the 90’s and has continued to have a cult following afterwards

Georgia- Guns N Roses- should be an constant elite talent, but something up top always ends in disaster

Kentucky- Johnny cash- has some hits in this genre, but is clearly better at another one.

USCe- Aerosmith- has great product here and there, but is okay with being in the middle of the pack.

UT- Creed- the 90’s and the early 00’s are over, and so are they

Vandy- Green Day- too smart for most, and so out of place.

Missouri- Rob Zombie- a good product but is too taboo for most listeners on the SECN

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

LSU- Alice In Chains : once was great but change has hurt them to the point where the only people who go see them just do it out of respect for who they once were

Ole Miss- Rockstar Super nova: you buy talent for a year but it was a flash in a pan that never meant anything

Arkansas- Motörhead- a lot of noise, but little to show for it when it’s all said and done.

Florida- Nirvana- a program that came screaming into the 90’s and has continued to have a cult following afterwards

Georgia- Guns N Roses- should be an constant elite talent, but something up top always ends in disaster

Kentucky- Johnny cash- has some hits in this genre, but is clearly better at another one.

USCe- Aerosmith- has great product here and there, but is okay with being in the middle of the pack.

Missouri- Rob Zombie- a good product but is too taboo for most listeners on the SECN
Not bad.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

I agree with all of these. I was just going to say Alabama was Metallica.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Kinda hard to do just classic rock with all 14 teams. So I’ll try to make it without modern rock (10-present) bands.

I'd have gone with Bama as Led Zeppelin but maybe that's just me. :)

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
The only one I recognize or have listened to is Johnny Cash.

Would it have helped with your recollection if the All Bran band analogy was to the 1910 Fruitgum Company, which began its rock, well, its bubblegum pop life as "Jeckell and The Hydes?"

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Well done sir. The MSU reference is great.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
So this isn't exactly classic rock, but neither is Alice in Chains, Green Day, or The Offspring...yet.

LSU - Jimmy Buffett - fans have the best time before and after the show/game, but we're not winning any awards with the product.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
So this isn't exactly classic rock, but neither is Alice in Chains, Green Day, or The Offspring...yet.

LSU - Jimmy Buffett - fans have the best time before and after the show/game, but we're not winning any awards with the product.
That fits, kind of..... "after the game" is a bit iffy.....sometimes

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.