SEC Media Days rotation: yay or nay?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't even care.

I find out pretty much all I need to know about the team I care about here. I've never gotten some of the things folks get 'into' but to each his or her own.

(I don't really care about which recruits we're after, either, but at least I can understand why some folks DO focus on that; SEC media days has just always been a "who cares" to me. I hope everyone understands nothing personal, just not my cup of tea).

However - since one of the complaints has to do with the location ("the league offices are in Birmingham" is shorthand for "they favor Bama" - so I honestly wouldn't mind it from that particular aspect).

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
I don't even care.

I find out pretty much all I need to know about the team I care about here. I've never gotten some of the things folks get 'into' but to each his or her own.

(I don't really care about which recruits we're after, either, but at least I can understand why some folks DO focus on that; SEC media days has just always been a "who cares" to me. I hope everyone understands nothing personal, just not my cup of tea).

However - since one of the complaints has to do with the location ("the league offices are in Birmingham" is shorthand for "they favor Bama" - so I honestly wouldn't mind it from that particular aspect).
To me it’s just a starting point. A place where I can start the new season talk by actually finding something out about everyone else. I would like a rotation but would rather the SECCG move around more. Otherwise I don’t really care where it is.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
To me it’s just a starting point. A place where I can start the new season talk by actually finding something out about everyone else. I would like a rotation but would rather the SECCG move around more. Otherwise I don’t really care where it is.
And that's fine. I'm not angry, I just never have gotten into the whole thing.

It's still, what, six weeks to the first game?

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Back in the day, isn't that what they actually did for 'media days' anyhow? I think a group of sportswriters went from campus to campus (seems like they maybe even traveled together by plane if memory serves). Maybe my mind is starting to play tricks on me. Rotating around the large, metropolitan cities in the conference makes sense. I just don't think it will be as big of a spectacle anywhere but Birmingham.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
Back in the day, isn't that what they actually did for 'media days' anyhow? I think a group of sportswriters went from campus to campus (seems like they maybe even traveled together by plane if memory serves). Maybe my mind is starting to play tricks on me. Rotating around the large, metropolitan cities in the conference makes sense. I just don't think it will be as big of a spectacle anywhere but Birmingham.
I recall that back in the day when most of us got our news via the daily newspaper.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Yep, referred to as the Skywriters Tour. I haven't had any interest in Media Days since CNS first couple of years. It is a waste of time and money IMO, there is now more than enough coverage on the internet.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
They called them the SEC Skywriters, or at least they did in the local paper I read as a kid. It was a series highly anticipated every year, and it was about the only pre-season source we had other than word-of-mouth rumor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.