Link: Former Georgia QB Aaron Murray expresses strong criticism Jeremy Pruitt

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I don't know for sure what number he was, but Mike Leach agreed to terms with the other A.D. and Phil Fulmer stabbed that A.D in the back (imagine that), and killed the Leach deal. I know Leach isn't the greatest coach in the nation, but he was the best option that actually was going to go to Knoxville. I despise Fulmer, but I'm glad UT didn't hire Leach.

According to Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated, Currie and current Washington State coach Mike Leach met in California on Thursday night and ultimately agreed to a deal that would make Leach the next head coach in Knoxville.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-john-currie-fired-mike-leach-head-coach
O-M-Gee!!!! Fulmer "protected" UcheaT from hiring Mike Leach?!?!?!?!? WOW!!! That's PRICELESS!!!! Leach is no Saban, but he's a proven winner and he'd have won more than his share at UcheaT. Can you imagine Leach at SEC Media days???? He'd be a ROCK STAR!!! LOL!!!

Pruitt may yet prove to be a great hire - only time will tell. But Leach would have been a "Home Run".

This is as funny as Lloyd Carr back in 2007 intervening in the Michigan Coaching search to "protect" UM from hiring Les Miles - so they could instead hire Rich "DickRod" Rodriguez!!!!! Say what you will about Les - but with Michigan's resources and the soft B1G schedules, he'd have EASILY averaged 9-10 wins a year at UM for as long as it lasted - which would have been a lot better than what they got out of Rodriguez or Brady Hoke.....

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
I'm close with a former DB who played when Pruitt was DBs coach, and he has similar thoughts as Murray based on his time with the program. Nothing but positives for Kirby and CNS, but strong feelings about Pruitt and his coaching style.

FWIW though, he didn't expect him to succeed as our DC either, and that turned out pretty well. And it is just one former player's opinion.
Honestly, I wasn't exactly doing back flips when he was hired as our DC, and I was pleasantly surprised.

FWIW, we had more than a few players who were NOT too "Keen" on Nick Saban his first year either (same thing happened at LSu in 2000).

So while I can't really wish Pruitt ANY Success at UcheaT - I also can't say that players not liking him really means much......

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
O-M-Gee!!!! Fulmer "protected" UcheaT from hiring Mike Leach?!?!?!?!? WOW!!! That's PRICELESS!!!! Leach is no Saban, but he's a proven winner and he'd have won more than his share at UcheaT. Can you imagine Leach at SEC Media days???? He'd be a ROCK STAR!!! LOL!!!

Pruitt may yet prove to be a great hire - only time will tell. But Leach would have been a "Home Run".

This is as funny as Lloyd Carr back in 2007 intervening in the Michigan Coaching search to "protect" UM from hiring Les Miles - so they could instead hire Rich "DickRod" Rodriguez!!!!! Say what you will about Les - but with Michigan's resources and the soft B1G schedules, he'd have EASILY averaged 9-10 wins a year at UM for as long as it lasted - which would have been a lot better than what they got out of Rodriguez or Brady Hoke.....

I would have loved to see Leach move into the SEC. High comedic value along with solid teams, even if a different style from what the SEC is used to. We haven't had anyone in our league that can handle the mic like him since Spurrier retired. Man, I miss that guy.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Any D-coordinator under Saban will never fail.....whether all on his own.....or because Saban pulls him out of the fire. Saban will never, ever, ever, ever field an inferior D

I'm close with a former DB who played when Pruitt was DBs coach, and he has similar thoughts as Murray based on his time with the program. Nothing but positives for Kirby and CNS, but strong feelings about Pruitt and his coaching style.

FWIW though, he didn't expect him to succeed as our DC either, and that turned out pretty well. And it is just one former player's opinion.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
- Murray is “hurt” from Pruitt and Bama beating his dogs in NCG . On the homer telecast, While talking about the mistake a true freshman would make in taking a Sack, he dropped the mic and walked away in tears after the Tua bomb. Of course this all was after the throat slash and Murray repeating ‘its over’ after the Tua interception in the third. GOOD TIMES!

- I have heard the complaint that Pruitt doesn’t have the communication skills necessary for HC of a big time program.

- there is a war brewing under the surface of uga vs all things Bama(past and present) which seems to include former coaches. Of course , Kirby is, and always has been a Georgia man. He almost no longer recognizes his time at Alabama, like it never happened.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Honestly, I wasn't exactly doing back flips when he was hired as our DC, and I was pleasantly surprised.

FWIW, we had more than a few players who were NOT too "Keen" on Nick Saban his first year either (same thing happened at LSu in 2000).

So while I can't really wish Pruitt ANY Success at UcheaT - I also can't say that players not liking him really means much......
Lazy players will always resent a new coach who wants to work em and make em better.

I never was a fan of Mark Richt. I never liked his attitude. Georgia players played kind of dirty under the 'Holier Than Thou' Mark Richt.

As for A. Murray... He was a pretty good college QB on a East team. Problem was the East was pretty weak.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
For starters, I was sitting in a bar at the Minneapolis airport with a double Scotch in front of me when I read that GREG SCHIANO had been hired as the Vols new head coach. Right about that time I got this warm, soothing feeling inside, knowing the Vols had just consigned themselves to another four straight losses to us (though it may have been the booze; I was trying to deaden the pain of losing the Iron Bowl tbh with you).

Within minutes - while I was still sitting there - Ole Boy Clay took to Twitter and online trying to suggest Schiano was involved in the Sandusky scandal. I was feeling good enough to fork over $75 to catch an earlier flight home (as in hitting the ground in Dallas - hopefully safely, of course - before my plane would have left it in MSP). By the time I got home, all hell had broken loose on Twitter, Facebook, online, etc, and Schiano was gone.

I think anyone right now has an uphill battle, with the spectre of Deep State Knoxville hanging over whoever is there. Besides - believe it or not - coaches change when they learn what doesn't work. I'll guarantee you the Nick Saban at Toledo in 1990 would in many ways embarrass the current version at Alabama with some things he said or did.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
- Murray is “hurt” from Pruitt and Bama beating his dogs in NCG . On the homer telecast, While talking about the mistake a true freshman would make in taking a Sack, he dropped the mic and walked away in tears after the Tua bomb. Of course this all was after the throat slash and Murray repeating ‘its over’ after the Tua interception in the third. GOOD TIMES!

- I have heard the complaint that Pruitt doesn’t have the communication skills necessary for HC of a big time program.

- there is a war brewing under the surface of uga vs all things Bama(past and present) which seems to include former coaches. Of course , Kirby is, and always has been a Georgia man. He almost no longer recognizes his time at Alabama, like it never happened.
i think we may have broken them over the past few years. the culture there (here) tells them that they are supposed to matter as a part of the upper echelons of college football and are entitled to be talked about as champions, reality tells them something different. the cognitive dissonance that results is fun to watch.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Loved being at the beach a few weeks ago and seeing all the UGA gear being sported around. They all hung their heads when they saw us in our Bama gear. lol priceless.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Coach Saban at SEC Media Days was asked his thoughts on this whole situation and responded that, while at Alabama, Pruitt was great and there was never a whiff of the sort of attitude others are talking about. Now, that's me paraphrasing Coach Saban, so yall go look it up to get the verbatim quote but he basically said nothing like that had ever happened under his tenure.

However...Saban is the biggest alpha dog in College football right now - maybe the biggest ever (Bryant was insanely intimidating as well) so the odds of a coach trying to usurp or disrespect him and getting away with it long term is unlikely. Kiffin's clowning is the closest and he found his way out of there on the double.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
i think we may have broken them over the past few years. the culture there (here) tells them that they are supposed to matter as a part of the upper echelons of college football and are entitled to be talked about as champions, reality tells them something different. the cognitive dissonance that results is fun to watch.
My best friend and his Dad are big UGA fans. His dad went to law school there. There are very respectful and civil but now have this permanent doubt dripping from their tone when they talk about the Dawgs and their prospects. That's pretty sensible.

I'm also enjoying that, on top of crushing their souls with our walk off TD, we are molly-whopping them on the recruiting trail as well. Talk about a bounce back. Any talk of us losing steam was short-sighted. Not only did we win the championship, we mostly did it with a team full of freshman that'll be here for another few years and we're rolling up another #1 recruiting class just a hop and skip behind them. And at the rate that Saban and co. develop talent the "drop" in recruiting will not likely be felt past this season.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Coach Saban at SEC Media Days was asked his thoughts on this whole situation and responded that, while at Alabama, Pruitt was great and there was never a whiff of the sort of attitude others are talking about. Now, that's me paraphrasing Coach Saban, so yall go look it up to get the verbatim quote but he basically said nothing like that had ever happened under his tenure.

However...Saban is the biggest alpha dog in College football right now - maybe the biggest ever (Bryant was insanely intimidating as well) so the odds of a coach trying to usurp or disrespect him and getting away with it long term is unlikely. Kiffin's clowning is the closest and he found his way out of there on the double.
Well, if memory serves.... Seems like Jeremy Pruitt had some unpleasant things to say about Nick Saban back in 2013 when he was at FSU....

Three years later he was back on our staff.... Just sayin' . . . .

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Does Jeremy Pruitt's Rocky Tenure as Georgia DC Merit Concern for Him as a Head Coach?

I don't think I saw this posted yet but Andy Staples shared his opinion on it. There is more detail in the article. It sounds like it just wasn't a great fit at Georgia under Richt.

Pruitt clicked with Jimbo Fisher’s staff at Florida State because Fisher ran his program exactly like former boss Saban did. And Pruitt would have clicked at Georgia had Saban or one of his disciples been the head coach. But Richt was the head coach, and his management style is drastically different from Saban’s. That produced clashes between Pruitt, who thought he was hired to bring Saban’s style to Georgia, and Richt, who had won a lot of games using his preferred style. Murray, being a Richt guy, is understandably going to take Richt’s side.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.