Link: Former Georgia QB Aaron Murray expresses strong criticism Jeremy Pruitt

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I don't get all the hate. Murray may have an axe to grind but he's also seen Pruitt as a coach up close and personal. I'd much rather talking heads tell us how they really feel than play it safe and never say anything of substance.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I don't get all the hate. Murray may have an axe to grind but he's also seen Pruitt as a coach up close and personal. I'd much rather talking heads tell us how they really feel than play it safe and never say anything of substance.
I think most of it is based on an agenda coming out of the dawg motherland to your television via Murray's mouth.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Also I guess this is a good place to drop this take while I'm at it.

Smart will probably be the most successful Saban assistant turned HC from his time here in Tuscaloosa because head coach success is mostly a function of being at the right place at the right time. Smart is in a talent rich place that is hungry to realize their potential while an all-time legend is in his victory laps before retirement. Everything is in place for Smart to reel off a big run.

But for what it's worth, I think Pruitt was the better DC of the two. In my opinion the 2016 and 2017 defenses were our two best of the Saban era regardless of what the stats say. We were aggressive to the ball, made huge plays off turnovers, only rarely surrendered long drive and explosive plays. I always though Smart was pretty passive for a DC commanding a talented depth chart. Pruitt didn't waste a player in his two years calling defenses here. We got after teams. Heck, his gameplan against Clemson in 2016 was brilliant but was let down by a bad offense that couldn't control possession. I don't think Watson had seen that much pressure in his face in his 3 years in college. Compare that to Smart's gameplan...he practically let Watson do whatever he wanted with passive zone coverages.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
We've always known if Georgia locks down the State's top talent, they will be a contender, more power to them if Kirby does & so far he's doing that..

Alabama is & will always be a true National Brand..We will cherry pick every state to fill our roster with Blue Chips..

I'm saying this cause i have a feeling we have a new rival when we play them in the SEC CG..

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I hope CKS is successful enough that they lose to us, every year, in the SECCG.

(Maybe future generations will equate CKS and his puppy dawgs as the living incarnation of Icarus.)

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Also I guess this is a good place to drop this take while I'm at it.

Smart will probably be the most successful Saban assistant turned HC from his time here in Tuscaloosa because head coach success is mostly a function of being at the right place at the right time. Smart is in a talent rich place that is hungry to realize their potential while an all-time legend is in his victory laps before retirement. Everything is in place for Smart to reel off a big run.

But for what it's worth, I think Pruitt was the better DC of the two. In my opinion the 2016 and 2017 defenses were our two best of the Saban era regardless of what the stats say. We were aggressive to the ball, made huge plays off turnovers, only rarely surrendered long drive and explosive plays. I always though Smart was pretty passive for a DC commanding a talented depth chart. Pruitt didn't waste a player in his two years calling defenses here. We got after teams. Heck, his gameplan against Clemson in 2016 was brilliant but was let down by a bad offense that couldn't control possession. I don't think Watson had seen that much pressure in his face in his 3 years in college. Compare that to Smart's gameplan...he practically let Watson do whatever he wanted with passive zone coverages.
This ^^

And the difference is only amplified when you consider the different levels of support each got from the Offensive side of the ball. We ran ball control most of the time Kirby was here, and (most years) our offenses chewed up huge swaths of time and kept the opponents' offense on the bench.

When Pruitt was here, well..... No reason to beat a dead horse. I don't think Kirby EVERY had to coach a game at Alabama where the offense failed to convert even THREE Third Downs the entire game...... :(

And just a "PS" re. the first part about Smart at UGa. Yes, that's what "Should" happen. But all the factors that "Should" mean Kirby has a great run coming were ALL there for Richt, and Donnan, and Goff.

Yes, UGa "Should' be a NC contender EVERY YEAR. So "should" LSU - So "Should" aTm", AND Texass - EACH of those schools is swimming in incredibly DEEP Talent Pools. But there are a lot of reasons that those programs only live up to expectations on occasion.....

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.