Link: Former Georgia QB Aaron Murray expresses strong criticism Jeremy Pruitt

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24129735/tennessee-jeremy-pruitt-fires-back-former-georgia-quarterback-aaron-murray

From the article:
"I don't know if his personality is fit to be a head coach," Murray told 102.5 The Game during a radio interview on Tuesday. "As a head coach, there's so many things that go into it. It's not just going out there and coaching. You have to deal with front office. You've got to go talk with the president of the university. You have to deal with boosters. You have to deal with the offense, the defense. It's not just going in there ... and scheming up."

Murray added: "When he was at Georgia, the way he acted, the way he treated Coach Richt, I thought was poor. He needs to prove to me that he can handle the whole ship. For right now, I don't think he can."

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Sounds like he has a bit of an axe to grind with Pruitt.

He might not have the personality it takes to be an unbiased talking head.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
A few thoughts here:

First, you'd think Pruitt would realize that it's a mistake to respond to trolls, like washed up QB's from rival schools. Not the best sign for UcheaT that he didn't grasp this after all the time he spent with Saban. . . .

Second, Murray was already gone from Athens when Pruitt was hired. They might have both been on campus at the same time maybe 3-4 months tops, and Murray never once played on any team that Pruitt was coaching. So how the "Heck" does Murray even KNOW enough to make these kinds of comments?

Finally, what the "french toast" does Murray know about what it takes to be a Head Coach? He's never played on a championship team in College or the NFL, and he's never coached at ANY Level. So how does his opinion mean SQUAT??? :rolleyes:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I've seen Aaron Murray and David Pollack both speak out on this now but nothing in particular. I don't expect them to go in deep detail but both have said something along the lines of "some of the things Pruitt did to Mark Richt, some coaches would say are the most disrespectful they have heard, the most crazy they have heard." I mean if it's so bad why don't they say what happened? Again, not in great detail but just give everyone an idea about what you're talking about if your'e going to throw statements like that out there..

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
Wasn't he like the fifth choice for the Vols?
I don't know for sure what number he was, but Mike Leach agreed to terms with the other A.D. and Phil Fulmer stabbed that A.D in the back (imagine that), and killed the Leach deal. I know Leach isn't the greatest coach in the nation, but he was the best option that actually was going to go to Knoxville. I despise Fulmer, but I'm glad UT didn't hire Leach.

According to Andy Staples of Sports Illustrated, Currie and current Washington State coach Mike Leach met in California on Thursday night and ultimately agreed to a deal that would make Leach the next head coach in Knoxville.

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/tennessee-john-currie-fired-mike-leach-head-coach

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
It seems like Murray and Pollack are starting to be homers and help out UGA. Perhaps Pruitt and other UT coaches were starting to challenge the UGA boys on the recruiting trail. They can have a full scale war if they like. Maybe it will weaken them both, not that UT can get much weaker than last year.
As we all know, these talking heads are a dime a dozen these days because there is so much airtime to fill. These guys know they have to say shocking things to keep the ratings up or they will be replaced by the next set of guys hoping to make a living as announcers. I've always thought that would be a good gig myself.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
Not much class from Murray IMO.

Shoot, I think the verdict is still out on Kirby. He took over a loaded cupherd and he's had a great recruiting class. Now, let's see if he can do something with it.

FWIW, I'm a fan of Pruitt and if given the time, UT will start making up some ground in the east.
Sorry. You lost me at "cupherd." A herd of cups?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It seems like Murray and Pollack are starting to be homers and help out UGA. Perhaps Pruitt and other UT coaches were starting to challenge the UGA boys on the recruiting trail. They can have a full scale war if they like. Maybe it will weaken them both, not that UT can get much weaker than last year.
As we all know, these talking heads are a dime a dozen these days because there is so much airtime to fill. These guys know they have to say shocking things to keep the ratings up or they will be replaced by the next set of guys hoping to make a living as announcers. I've always thought that would be a good gig myself.
they are keeping the culture of richt alive. it helps them learn to live with things like this

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i'm calling the vols upset over jawjuh this fall

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
FWIW I remember some guys on RollBamaRoll and maybe somewhere else implying that maybe Pruitt didn't have the right personality for being a HC or at least maybe wasn't ready for it yet. But I don't really remember what reason they gave or anything.

XXIII

Scout Team
Feb 3, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm close with a former DB who played when Pruitt was DBs coach, and he has similar thoughts as Murray based on his time with the program. Nothing but positives for Kirby and CNS, but strong feelings about Pruitt and his coaching style.

FWIW though, he didn't expect him to succeed as our DC either, and that turned out pretty well. And it is just one former player's opinion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.