asked if he expects Jalen Hurts to be on the roster. Saban: I have no idea.......

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
Only thing that I know for a fact...is that it makes no difference what I think, but this post describes my feelings exactly. With the rules for free agency as they are now..I won't be at all surprised if Jalen does drag up. I respect Jalen (as a fan) and appreciate his contributions. I also think he has plenty of football left to play. I miss the days when 'dads' kept their comments private. But then in sports nowadays there is a stigma about stepping up to the mike. Jalen didn't make those comments. Over the years.....we have seen it happen when Dad becomes vocal to the press. Mr Hurts has not yet approached Eric Locke's dad, and I hope that he does not.
I think it's a pretty good bet that Jalen supports his Dad's opinion. He never once commented that he did not share it.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
He could just find himself stuck between 2 strong men whom he respects.
In which case he could have said something like "I respect my Dad, and he has every right to his opinion and I appreciate his support, but I haven't said I'd transfer if I am not the starting qb".

He didn't do that.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
Fine and well, but the post was in response to the observation that "Jalen didn't make those comments.", and the simple point is that by not commenting on that statement by his Dad, it appears that Jalen implicitly supports or agrees with it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Fine and well, but the post was in response to the observation that "Jalen didn't make those comments.", and the simple point is that by not commenting on that statement by his Dad, it appears that Jalen implicitly supports or agrees with it.
I guess you can assume whatever you wish.

Answer me this; why on earth should he wade into this whole discussion when he hasn't said anything about it before now? How would that benefit him (or the team) in any way?

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
Answer me this; why on earth should he wade into this whole discussion when he hasn't said anything about it before now? How would that benefit him (or the team) in any way?
Wade into? His Dad interjected him into the situation, and as noted, by not refuting or at least explaining the comment away, it appears that he implicitly agrees with it. Tua Tagovailoa thought that his comments to the middle school kids was taken out of context, or at least misunderstood, so he explained it. Jalen Hurts didn't utter a single word. If my parents or anybody else were to comment to a group, large or small, about what I planned to do, and if that was wrong, I'd respectfully advise anybody in that group that it wasn't me said that.

Anyhow, I haven't lost any sleep about what his Dad said or whether Jalen agrees with it. Personally, I wish he already had transferred because I think it would be best all around. I just responded to a comment on a message board.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saban said during media days that anything either of them did to bring attention to themselves would put them farther behind in terms of winning the team. Saban told Jalen and Tua this explicitly. Nothing to gain for Jalen by commenting on his dads comments..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If anyone should clarify these statements, it is the man who made them.

As a fan, would it be nice to have a little more clarity? Sure. But it is pretty clear that Saban has a plan, and those plans are not dependent on any single player.

Jalen will be fine. Alabama will be fine. That's all that really matters.

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I can't disagree with that assessment. Because you and I know these things are family discussions. Not something I worry about at night.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I fall on the side that a person is never obligated to "clarify" or disassociate from the remarks of a family member, no matter how close. Saban was right. As usual...

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
After watching the Spring game again, Jalen had better improve his passing dramatically.
He reminds me of a better version of that dual threat qb at Auburn a few years back.
We need a passer with all these great receivers, or it’s a total waste of resources. Tua is that guy. Tua just needs to prove consistency and resiliency. If he’s not consistent and resilient enough, then we need to go back to the Stone Age of game mgr QB, and top notch defense, which has won many a championship in the last decade.

You know this is exactly what Saban is thinking.

Last edited:

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Just watched the Miss St replay on ESPNU......we need a better passer, and we got one. Love the guy, but he just does not get the passing concept to cut it.

Our 3rd stringer is a far superior passer than Hurts.

Stabler, Namath, Tua!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.