Link: Online Tailgaiting-Internet Message Boards (ESPN Article)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Pretty good read. The message board (as the article alludes to) is the new "local pub after work" meeting spot to discuss all things college football. Little surprise no mention of Tidefans. We got a mention a few years ago I believe.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24011044/message-boards-texags-tigerdroppings-keep-college-football-weird
We're mentioned:
The connections don't stop there. According to BuzzFeed, Brett Talley, a judicial nominee by President Donald Trump, made several inflammatory posts on TideFans.com under the handle "BamainBoston."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
We're mentioned:
The connections don't stop there. According to BuzzFeed, Brett Talley, a judicial nominee by President Donald Trump, made several inflammatory posts on TideFans.com under the handle "BamainBoston."
I tried searching for posts under that name and came up empty. :conf3:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I remember him quite well. He was a very active poster here for a long time. Now I know why he hasn't posted in a while.
I am pretty sure he was posting throughout the season last year. Maybe I have him confused with someone else.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tidefans is the modern-day “Cheers.” Everybody knows your name.

As far as BiB, I met him at Homecoming in 2012 selling his books. Nice fella.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Duplicate Threads!!!
So I'll make a duplicate post! :)

[The ESPiN story] Reminds me of a long thread some years ago (I can't remember which board it was on), started by a troll, asking whether he could bring his CAT to an Alabama football game at Bryant-Denny..... :rolleyes:

Interesting that Robert Gates actually participated on TexAg's - a nuthouse if there ever was one!

AND interesting that Coach Fraud called Rodney Orr the week of the 2002 barn game to complain about "rumors" that Fraud was taking the aTm job (a job he accepted "in Principle" that same week!). It was WIDELY rumored back when Coach Fraud was at aTm that his sycophantic butt-boy, "Writer Mike" was surreptitiously posting on TexAgs. I have little doubt that Mike was posting on Bama boards while Fraud was at Alabama, as well......

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
mrusso said:
It ain't me...aight. Just curious though, what should our first offensive play from scrimmage be this year?
Not me either. My join date is simply coincidental... aight?

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We're mentioned:
Sounds like we've stepped up into The Big Game. lol

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
@%%1;After reading this it makes you understand why our Mods stay on top of the boards & makes you appreciate them that much more..

Whether it's an actual coach or member of the support staff at large, most football programs monitor message boards either to track rumors or simply to stay on top of the conversation.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
We're mentioned:

Inflammatory posts? Don't recall giving him that much grief, for being on Sen. Rob Portman's staff...............:biggrin2:

(Any day now, the FBI shows up at my house again.)

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.