Let Down Against Louisville

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I expect this to be like many of these opening games: I think we will feel our way around the field for a quarter or two and then get into sync the second half. Louisville will have a chance if they come out on fire, but defensively they are just going to get worn down, and hopefully worn out by the end of the game.

rtr

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
It’s a matter of perspective. If we fail to cover the spread some could say it’s a “let down.” We could win 31-10 and there’d be a thread on Tidefans expressing concern. It’s the scrutiny and expectations that sustained, overwhelming success creates.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
There's literally no such thing as a "let down" in a season opener. If we lose it's because we were totally unprepared, which knowing Coach Saban, is extremely unlikely to occur.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Maybe you forgot openers against Kent State and San Jose State. One scored a TD and the other a FG. I don't see us having a letdown with the Louisville Sluggers. :)

MOAN

All-American
Aug 30, 2010
Swearengin, Alabama, United States
I remember not so long ago a Fiesta Bowl that Bama played them in and the final 35-7 was embarrassing. We owe them one enough said.
Remember that game well...but it was a bowl game. Underachieving goals and going to a bowl game against a team you are clearly superior to is the perfect storm to having a let down. Utah, Oklahoma are perfect examples of that happening in coach Saban's tenure at Bama.

Coach Saban has yet to lose an opener! Put your money on Bama!! ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.