Let Down Against Louisville

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
We have mostly opened with high profile football powers during Saban’s tenure which provided considerable motivation for the team in the off season. I don’t personally consider Louisville to be in the same class as most of the other openers. It seems to me that Louisville has the psychological advantage in this game. Is an opening upset due to a lack of off-season focus by our players possible? Missouri besting us in Birmingham for a season opener during the CPB era in a year that we were very highly rated comes to mind. Thoughts/opinions?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I can't see any advantage for Louisville - psychological or otherwise. UL players could just as easily be dreading the game, no Lamar Jackson, an unproven QB, a less than stellar defense, Bama's running game, and so forth. Where does Louisville find hope in that mix? The underdog boost lasts about a series before reality sets in. Also, there's no way CNS doesn't have our guys focused. However, for the sake of discussion, if you feel we may lack focus for Louisville, how bad to you think it will be prepping for next year's opener against Duke? Better hope Coach Cut has a tremendous year, lol!

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
No, I don't see a letdown in the opener. The team will be eager to pick up where they left off last season. I think Tua will be the starter and ready to prove he deserves it, so I expect him to have a big game. If there's one time we could have a letdown during the season it would be the week after LSU. If we go into Baton Rouge and win a tough game there's always that risk. We play MSU the following week and Nick Fitzgerald is a guy that could come into BDS and cause us problems if we're not ready to play.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
We have mostly opened with high profile football powers during Saban’s tenure which provided considerable motivation for the team in the off season. I don’t personally consider Louisville to be in the same class as most of the other openers. It seems to me that Louisville has the psychological advantage in this game. Is an opening upset due to a lack of off-season focus by our players possible? Missouri besting us in Birmingham for a season opener during the CPB era in a year that we were very highly rated comes to mind. Thoughts/opinions?
No let down.
We have two guys wanting to prove they should be the starting QB, we have a stable of Running Backs jockeying for playing time... and we have quality receivers who really want some great receiving stats.

We have some young guys on Defense who want to make a name for themselves.

We have a lot of new position coaches who want to impress the boss.

And lastly... I don't believe Louisville is gonna be that good...

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I am expecting we will pass effectively this year which will lead to facing a balanced defense. For the first time since 2010 (we know how that turned out) I am excited about offence. Unless Louisville debuts a freshman Heisman QB then I expect to win big.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that Louisville will leave this game wondering what just hit them. They are going to lose so badly that they will question their entire season.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yeah, we’ll have a letdown when we only beat them by 3 TDs instead of four. Press will pick apart the QBs and Lord Saban will go off on the reporter.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
We beat USC like a drum then hadn’t played anybody. We beat #3 soundly with half an offense last year and torpedoed their season. At least everyone expects what is coming this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
No, I don't see a letdown in the opener. The team will be eager to pick up where they left off last season. I think Tua will be the starter and ready to prove he deserves it, so I expect him to have a big game. If there's one time we could have a letdown during the season it would be the week after LSU. If we go into Baton Rouge and win a tough game there's always that risk. We play MSU the following week and Nick Fitzgerald is a guy that could come into BDS and cause us problems if we're not ready to play.
I agree. For CNS the LSU game is always the one that is more equal than the others. I think he never forgave them for how the treated he and his wife when he left. Bama often has a letdown after LSU.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
No. Just no. For all the reasons previously posted.

The only questionable group on this Bama team will be the secondary so Tosh & Co. will find ways (with CNS guidance ;)) to keep Petrino & Co. on their heels and behind the chains. We're gonna miss #24 but I expect a "Bama Blitz Bonanza" in this one.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
That was a great video. I still am amazed and grateful for the last play to beat UGA. It was the best game I have ever attended!

I am ready for Sept. 1 ! And for no more injuries! RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.