News Article: My Opinion: Most Men Aren’t Husband Material

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hmmmm.....I don't agree with a lot of this.....:rolleye2:

My Opinion: Most Men Aren’t Husband Material

Most women I know do actually want a husband or a boyfriend, but finding that is easier said than done. After all, it’s hard to have a great relationship when the vast majority of men aren’t worth a damn. If you’re about to scoff about this, consider the writing on the wall…
CLICK

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

CLICK
First, based upon her criteria, I wouldn't call many of those guys men from the get-go.

Second, she does seem to be primarily, if not exclusively, focused on millennial generation males.

Third, her basic premise is that most men aren't worth a [darn]. I personally think that applies to most people, of either sex, between the ages of 18 and 30.

Well, it’s funny. Pure comedy. So, it seems like she’s just whining because she can’t find/keep a man. Men are entitled? That’s called preference. We don’t see something we like we keep it moving.

One thing I love about this is for years women have been saying we can do it all by ourselves and we don’t need a man. Now, these “men” have grown up and women can’t handle the fruitage of their labor. I’m happy for them. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

The artist formerly known as JBama_in_PCOLA

from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would say she absolutely hates men and needs a good romantic relationship with a woman. Of course, she may end up disappointed in women, also...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I would say she absolutely hates men and needs a good romantic relationship with a woman. Of course, she may end up disappointed in women, also...
In fact, I was remembering a conversation with an attorney who handles divorces earlier this week. He's having more and more cases where women are calling up wanting a divorce - being beaten up and the spouse sleeping around. The modern twist is that, in these times, the offending spouse is more and more frequently is also a woman...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
First, based upon her criteria, I wouldn't call many of those guys men from the get-go.

Second, she does seem to be primarily, if not exclusively, focused on millennial generation males.

Third, her basic premise is that most men aren't worth a [darn]. I personally think that applies to most people, of either sex, between the ages of 18 and 30.
So much agreement.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

CLICK

Oh puh-leeze.

"The vast majority of men aren't worth a damn."

Such an assertion assumes she actually has interacted with "the vast majority of men." However, I would find this IN GENERAL to be true of the vast majority of humanity anyway. We are by nature selfish and carnal.

Her whining about looks is hilarious because we've ALL seen that ugly dude who is with that hawt chick and wondered, "WTH....." I mean, Lyle Lovett and Julia Roberts for Pete's sake.

It's also funny to hear her complain about "traditionally." Traditionally, wasn't foreplay "get in the truck"? Asking for a friend. (Blue font - in case I'm nominated by Trump for a judgeship - hey, it ain't as far fetched as some might like to think, including me).

One thing I've noticed with a lot of millennials (note: not ALL of them) is their drama. I realize that the previous generation has always - to some extent - not understood the one following them - but I sure don't recall ever being absorbed with the cliche, "This is unprecedented," as if nobody ever lived life with struggles - like not being able to afford a child or get married, not being able to get a job when I just graduated from college, maybe having to work a second job to make ends meet, etc etc.

I've mentioned my ex-FIL on here before. He's a tough dude, but he can whine with the best of them (he's 73 now). No matter what the discussion, his life was rougher than is parents and the generation that followed couldn't possibly understand how hard he had it. (Of course, the fact he was married four times was somehow not supposed to be a contributing factor, but I digress). Every generation has it rough in its own way, there's nothing "unprecedented" about most of the problems they're talking about. For Pete's sake, nowadays thanks to the Internet, you can find out they're hiring for a job three states over far easier than you once could. There's good and bad with everything. When I deployed to Gitmo and got a little depressed, my old man was there to remind me, "It could be worse. You're at a beach resort. You could be in Bosnia or Vietnam." And even he would have admitted - while in 'Nam - "well, I could be at Normandy."

OK, thread drifting.

Nah, I'll bet this gal is a whiny, pouty loser, probably a lot like the hawt girl in "Saving Silverman," only not hawt.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
They have no specific set of pronouns, though in recent years the singular term “they” and the plural “them” have become quite commonly used.
I think there is a bit of a problem with this arrangement. We already have a pronoun in English called "they." It refers to two or more people not one confused person. Using "they" in this manner will cause real grammatical confusion. "When you said 'they,' did you mean 'that group of people,' or 'that dude wearing makeup?'"

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Well, it’s funny. Pure comedy. So, it seems like she’s just whining because she can’t find/keep a man. Men are entitled? That’s called preference. We don’t see something we like we keep it moving.

One thing I love about this is for years women have been saying we can do it all by ourselves and we don’t need a man. Now, these “men” have grown up and women can’t handle the fruitage of their labor. I’m happy for them. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.

The artist formerly known as JBama_in_PCOLA

from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
Bingo! I find it funny the women who seem to can't find a man are the ones who go through life advertising at every turn "I don't need a man." "Men are (insert condescending comment) and I can do it better anyway." Yet these same women who advertise aggressively they don't need a man are the same ones complaining because they can't find a man. Talk about messed up. But yeah, couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Last edited:

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
She is going to make a lot of cats happy one day.

But seriously, I am single. Well divorced for over 6 years now. I have gone through more than my fair share of women during that time, and I can honestly say and accept now that I am going to die single. Is it because I am not worth a darn? Maybe to an extent. But to be real about it, I haven't met anyone I felt was worth being any better for either. It goes both ways.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Yeah, I think she's talking about young guys in their 20s-30s. I am the old fart in the office, but I can see some of those traits in that subgroup. Dudes - lose the manbuns. Or that ridiculous buzzcut with the tail sticking out the back of the head. Not a rat tail, just a weird ninja thing with a bead in it that looks really stupid. And the hipster beards. I grow one every Winter, but I don't try to grow it 3 feet and put in blue tint.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My ex pulled that crap of "I don't need a man."

I pointed out, "Well, you sure as hell are dependent on his money - which you wouldn't have without him now - aren't you?"

She didn't care much for that. And, of course, is in worse financial shape than we were ever in (and amazingly, it was terrible when I was
married, but I can do what I want now......because I wasn't the one spending all the money on crap).

Sorry, I guess the bitterness surfaces every now and then and every day.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Yeah, I think she's talking about young guys in their 20s-30s. I am the old fart in the office, but I can see some of those traits in that subgroup. Dudes - lose the manbuns. Or that ridiculous buzzcut with the tail sticking out the back of the head. Not a rat tail, just a weird ninja thing with a bead in it that looks really stupid. And the hipster beards. I grow one every Winter, but I don't try to grow it 3 feet and put in blue tint.
I just aim my Garand at them and tell them to get off my lawn.

GeorgiaTider

All-SEC
Oct 30, 2005
I do not know if she hates men, but I agree with another posted that she may have actually not met a real man. I was amused that she is upset that her generation is reaping the 'benefits' of their liberal\progressive mental & emotional demasculinization of men. She wondered how things would work out for her generation of men in 30 years. I wonder how it will work out for her generation of women. 30 years for me would be a ripe old age. I hope I am here to witness the conclusion of this generations train wreck.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.