FL's Stand Your Ground Law Strikes Again - Page 38
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283132333435363738

Re: FL's Stand Your Ground Law Strikes Again

Quote Originally Posted by Ratal View Post
    With the video it is impossible to tell but I am going to assume he had a concealed gun. If so, how in the world does this guy still have an active concealed carry with priory incidents? Sorry if this was previously answered. I didn't read all 37 pages.
    because in increasingly many places in the u.s. you don't need much more than a pulse to carry a gun legally.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    So you're saying we ought to just shoot anyone who parks illegally in handicapped places? Nip it in the bud so other innocent bystanders aren't forced to get involved?
    This is the darkest timeline.

With the video it is impossible to tell but I am going to assume he had a concealed gun. If so, how in the world does this guy still have an active concealed carry with priory incidents? Sorry if this was previously answered. I didn't read all 37 pages.
    I don't think he actually got a menacing conviction. Even with a conviction and a revocation of his concealed permit, it doesn't mean that he would necessarily stop carrying...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Is it possible that charges in this case may be in hopes that the interpretation of the law doesn't get out of hand? This situation is extremely close to allowing someone to instigate an altercation with you verbally and hoping that you push them so that they can legally shoot you legally.
    Had charges not been brought that's exactly what the situation would have been.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Shooter is guilty of manslaughter.

https://cnn.it/2zfTPQq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Shooter is guilty of manslaughter.

https://cnn.it/2zfTPQq

I read a little on this last night and the murderer was full of crap from the start. He was itching to kill someone and did, thinking he could get away with it.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    I read a little on this last night and the murderer was full of crap from the start. He was itching to kill someone and did, thinking he could get away with it.
    I really don't think he was 'itching to kill someone'. It was a bad situation that simply escalated too quickly. The shooter had a pet peeve, he felt empowered by his gun, he came across a hothead who knocked him to the ground, he shot when he shouldn't have.

I didnít know he had even been charged with a crime. I think justice was served here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    I really don't think he was 'itching to kill someone'. It was a bad situation that simply escalated too quickly. The shooter had a pet peeve, he felt empowered by his gun, he came across a hothead who knocked him to the ground, he shot when he shouldn't have.
    it was a bad situation that he started by looking for trouble. this dude had a history of attacking folks and instigating crap like this.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Reading that article left me feeling that he was begging for an excuse to do it and found his excuse when the guy pushed him down. He needs to serve some real time.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Killer gets 20 years.

https://time.com/5697544/florida-han...ng-sentencing/