FL's Stand Your Ground Law Strikes Again

Ratal

3rd Team
Aug 29, 2006
With the video it is impossible to tell but I am going to assume he had a concealed gun. If so, how in the world does this guy still have an active concealed carry with priory incidents? Sorry if this was previously answered. I didn't read all 37 pages.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
With the video it is impossible to tell but I am going to assume he had a concealed gun. If so, how in the world does this guy still have an active concealed carry with priory incidents? Sorry if this was previously answered. I didn't read all 37 pages.
because in increasingly many places in the u.s. you don't need much more than a pulse to carry a gun legally.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't think he actually got a menacing conviction. Even with a conviction and a revocation of his concealed permit, it doesn't mean that he would necessarily stop carrying...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Is it possible that charges in this case may be in hopes that the interpretation of the law doesn't get out of hand? This situation is extremely close to allowing someone to instigate an altercation with you verbally and hoping that you push them so that they can legally shoot you legally.
Had charges not been brought that's exactly what the situation would have been.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I read a little on this last night and the murderer was full of crap from the start. He was itching to kill someone and did, thinking he could get away with it.
I really don't think he was 'itching to kill someone'. It was a bad situation that simply escalated too quickly. The shooter had a pet peeve, he felt empowered by his gun, he came across a hothead who knocked him to the ground, he shot when he shouldn't have.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I didn’t know he had even been charged with a crime. I think justice was served here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I really don't think he was 'itching to kill someone'. It was a bad situation that simply escalated too quickly. The shooter had a pet peeve, he felt empowered by his gun, he came across a hothead who knocked him to the ground, he shot when he shouldn't have.
it was a bad situation that he started by looking for trouble. this dude had a history of attacking folks and instigating crap like this.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Reading that article left me feeling that he was begging for an excuse to do it and found his excuse when the guy pushed him down. He needs to serve some real time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.