News Article: Four-part Alabama football documentary coming to ESPN

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I didn't have high hopes for this but I have to admit I was wrong, this has been a very well done deal so far. Will be interesting in seeing how things play out on the screen as well on the field once we start! I could see the SEC Network doing these every year now but following all the teams. I think it would get more eyes on the channel as well.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I love these episodes. It was neat to see the new nutrition center and all the nutritionists/chefs/players in that environment. I also liked Josh Casher and how the team went to church together.

I may be wrong, but I get the feeling from the episodes, interviews, and Saban's comments that Jalen will play in more than 4 games this year and will end up with just 1 year of eligibility after he graduates and transfers (I am assuming he will transfer) in January. He will use this year to get better and grow as a passer even if not the starter. That will help him in his final year elsewhere and when he tries to make it in the NFL.

I am all for Tua starting but am happy to see, at least from the episodes, that Tua and Jalen seem to be getting along. Hopefully that is true and not something they did just for the episodes. I hope both QB can stay healthy and that Mac Jones will too.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Just my observation. Seemed like most on field action showed Jalen with the 2s. He was normally flanked in the backfield by Robinson or Jacobs. The parts with Tua showed him next to Damien Harris. Obviously, small sample size that we got to see so they could still be rotating with the 1s and 2s..

GCtidefan

1st Team
Sep 23, 2010
Adger, AL
Good story on Eddie Conyers.

"Eddie, you're the second best official on the planet... Everyone else is tied for first."
I fell off the couch laughing.

Eddie: "The only thing to say to Saban is yes sir and you're right"

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
I loved that they showed CNS telling the team that the Louisville coach and players say that they were going to beat them. Thanks for the extra motivation Louisville!

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I enjoyed all 4 of those. Great production, and interesting content. That has got to help with recruiting.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I enjoyed all 4 of those. Great production, and interesting content. That has got to help with recruiting.
It at least makes Alabama and Saban look human, not the unfeeling, unsmiling football robots that some think and some recruiters claim. I'm sure that's why Saban did it - recruiting.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Good story on Eddie Conyers.

"Eddie, you're the second best official on the planet... Everyone else is tied for first."
I fell off the couch laughing.

Eddie: "The only thing to say to Saban is yes sir and you're right"
I think it's cool that he treats Eddie no different than anyone else on the team. He sends him a few zingers and tongue lashings from time to time just to keep him on his toes. I know some may see that as "disrespectful". But in actuality it's not. It's quite the opposite.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.