News Article: Four-part Alabama football documentary coming to ESPN

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Don't think I saw this anywhere. Sorry if its a duplicate.

Four-part Alabama football documentary coming to ESPN

[FONT=&quot]A four-part, documentary-style series inside Alabama's football program is coming to ESPN2 in August.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The network on Monday announced the new project "Training Days: Rolling With the Tide" that'll debut Aug. 9 on ESPN2. Each episode will be an hour in length and will air every Wednesday in August at 6 p.m. CT.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The show promises to go inside closed-door meetings and all preparations for the season opening Sept. 1 against Louisville in Orlando. Nick Saban and other coaches will be mic'd up during the workouts, according to the release.[/FONT]

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I don't like this. If I recall correctly, the last time this was done was prior to the 2010 season. It just seems like bad idea.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I don't like this. If I recall correctly, the last time this was done was prior to the 2010 season. It just seems like bad idea.
Nah, I think it's great! Gives the fans a taste of the team a month before the season starts, gets the team an extra month of media exposure to adjust to the spotlight, and further builds our brand in front of recruits. Believe me, Saban wouldn't agree to this if he thought it would be even mildly distracting leading up to Louisville.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Frankly, I love this kind of stuff and way overdue IMHO. I mean, I doubt that any program in the history of D1 college football will ever eclipse what is going on now in Title Town. I for one am looking forward to it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
It is what Saban calls "brand building". This is a great format to market our program and I see it as a huge win for the program. You know Saban had to check off on this so he does not consider this a distraction or rat poison.

Last edited:

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I'm surprised the NCAA allows this. Doesn't this give Alabama a great recruiting advantage?
Netflix did a series on the Michigan last year for the whole season I think and it surprised me that it wasn't a violation since it gives them more PR. I think it is great to do these behind the scenes deals. No one can copy Saban, but it won't stop people from trying. His process is more than just a simple outline of how to recruit, build and field a team, it is his drive that makes it work.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Saban said during the ESPN car wash that he's been approached multiple times about doing this but for the entire season. He said that would be to much of a distraction but he likes doing a shorter version for fall camp and leading up to the first game in order to quell any misconceptions that Alabama football isn't fun or that the players are miserable there..

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Love it. With Saban's "rat poison" paranoia there's no way he'd sign off on this if he though it'd be a distraction. Good for the brand and certainly good for us fans.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.